• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

State of the program

I love the Dodgers and SEC arguement. <<<rolling eyes>>> the guy has one win over Binghamton in 7 full years as head coach, and the SEC wants him?

This is the same SEC that ran out Smoke Laval after making the CWS. Word of advice for all, just cuz *** says it, don't make it true.

Baseball is about the postseason, not about finishing high up in the Big 10 conference. Don't let the sycophants and pollyanna's convince you otherwise.

I would not want to be in that number . . . . Ken

I noticed that you weren't posting much this past week. I'm curious: Are you only able to post on HM after a loss.
I have who you are talking to on ignore (assuming) for the exact reasoning you are mentioning. No posts in 2017, posting multiple times a day in 2018, not posting when we are winning Arizona State and Michigan series’. He’s in trouble if Erstad makes the fourth regional in five years. Might be time to take a 24 month break or so at that point. It doesn’t get any better in the B1G.

Last edited:
I love the Dodgers and SEC arguement. <<<rolling eyes>>> the guy has one win over Binghamton in 7 full years as head coach, and the SEC wants him?

This is the same SEC that ran out Smoke Laval after making the CWS. Word of advice for all, just cuz *** says it, don't make it true.

Baseball is about the postseason, not about finishing high up in the Big 10 conference. Don't let the sycophants and pollyanna's convince you otherwise.

Ok

I have who you are talking to on ignore (assuming) for the exact reasoning you are mentioning. No posts in 2017, posting multiple times a day in 2018, not posting when we are winning Arizona State and Michigan series’. He’s in trouble if Erstad makes the fourth regional in five years. Might be time to take a 24 month break or so at that point. It doesn’t get any better in the B1G.

You can never ignore those pants

You can never ignore those pants
Lol - now I’m 100% certain who you are speaking of. I can’t get mad at someone’s fashion based on how many times I wear sweatpants out.

I will however mock opinions that national coaches of the year, our current AD, and B1G/national media members mock. But I got bored of that so just ignored him. The national opinion speaks for itself and I have no time to defend “but we are Nebraska we can do better” entitled thoughts. It’s what got us in trouble this entire century for football.

Lol - now I’m 100% certain who you are speaking of. I can’t get mad at someone’s fashion based on how many times I wear sweatpants out.

I will however mock opinions that national coaches of the year, our current AD, and B1G/national media members mock. But I got bored of that so just ignored him. The national opinion speaks for itself and I have no time to defend “but we are Nebraska we can do better” entitled thoughts. It’s what got us in trouble this entire century for football.

Come on, somewhere out there is the baseball equivalent of Bill Callahan ready to turn this program around!

I'm just happy that we've moved past him regurgitating on here whatever hot coaching tip his son's travel team coach was pushing that week, lol.

... I can’t get mad at someone’s fashion based on how many times I wear sweatpants out.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!

(Per the bolded)

I'm thankful that the people running our athletic department now have the proper perspective.

Last edited:

Nebraska baseball has won 32 NCAA tourney games since 1933 when the NCAA tournament has started. That alone is depressing.

If you leave out the aberration of Dave Van Horn and Alex Gordon, a once in a century player for Nebraska, that takes 22 wins away, leaving Nebraska baseball with 10 post season wins in 85 years.

Winning 1-2 games a year in regionals is an absolute pipe dream for this program.
I guess if that is the ceiling for this program, you can’t ask for a better coach. I’m not being sarcastic, at all—your arguments here make much more sense if you think qualifying for the postseason is all that this program can achieve.

As someone that enjoys the baseball program probably more than any of the other sports, it is ******* depressing, but that is why we were talking past one-another, nonetheless.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back