• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Big Ten Baseball Tournament

HuskerWeatherman

Feral Cat
20 Year Member
One week left in the regular season, so qualifiers may change and seedings likely will change.

As of Monday, May 13, the seedings are as follows, with Wednesday, May 22 matchups:

Game 1: No. 3 Seed vs. No. 6 Seed. Illinois vs. Iowa
Game 2: No. 2 Seed vs. No. 7 Seed. Indiana vs. Northwestern
Game 3: No. 1 Seed vs. No. 8 Seed. Michigan vs. Rutgers
Game 4: No. 4 Seed vs. No. 5 Seed. Minnesota vs. Nebraska

Remaining conference games:

1. Michigan: 3 games, at Nebraska
2. Indiana: 3 games, vs Rutgers
3. Illinois: 3 games, at Michigan St
4. Minnesota: 3 games, at Northwestern
5. Nebraska: 3 games, vs Michigan
6. Iowa: 3 games, at Maryland
7. Northwestern: 3 games, vs Minnesota
8. Rutgers: 3 games, at Indiana

9. Ohio State: 3 games, at Purdue
10. Maryland: 3 games, vs Iowa

While Rutgers has a half-game advantage over Ohio State and Maryland, Rutgers has a tough chore with a final series at Indiana. This opens the door for Ohio State or Maryland to snag a seed in the tournament and leave Rutgers out.

These seedings could change dramatically after next weekend's games.

One week left in the regular season, so qualifiers may change and seedings likely will change.

As of Monday, May 13, the seedings are as follows, with Wednesday, May 22 matchups:

Game 1: No. 3 Seed vs. No. 6 Seed. Illinois vs. Iowa
Game 2: No. 2 Seed vs. No. 7 Seed. Indiana vs. Northwestern
Game 3: No. 1 Seed vs. No. 8 Seed. Michigan vs. Rutgers

Remaining conference games:

1. Michigan: 3 games, at Nebraska
2. Indiana: 3 games, vs Rutgers
3. Illinois: 3 games, at Michigan St
4. Minnesota: 3 games, at Northwestern
5. Nebraska: 3 games, vs Michigan
6. Iowa: 3 games, at Maryland
7. Northwestern: 3 games, vs Minnesota
8. Rutgers: 3 games, at Indiana

9. Ohio State: 3 games, at Purdue
10. Maryland: 3 games, vs Iowa

While Rutgers has a half-game advantage over Ohio State and Maryland, Rutgers has a tough chore with a final series at Indiana. This opens the door for Ohio State or Maryland to snag a seed in the tournament and leave Rutgers out.

These seedings could change dramatically after next weekend's games.
Going to change quite a bit, but pretty safe to say we are going to be playing Iowa, Illinios, or Minnesota. Will we be able to avenge our in-season series losses? Would also be nice to steal 2 of 3 from Michigan and head into the B1G tournament with some momentum. But I thought we would go 2-4 against ASU and Michigan so that may be too much wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:

Bottom of the 6th; Indiana leads Rutgers 7-2. I would really like to see Rutgers take at least one.

I think it will be the loser of the Illinois/Minnesota game. We're gonna finish in a tie with one of them for 4th no matter what, and both of those teams have the tie-breaker over us. Whoever loses will be our 1st round opponent.

In the end it makes no difference as we will win the tourney anyway. :Corn2:

At this point, both Illinois and Minnesota are leading their respective games. Illinois game is in the 9th. Minnesota game is in a rain delay in the 4th.

If either one or both win, we will be in the 4-5 matchup. Most likely scenario is playing the Gophers, which is much more desirable than playing Illinois, IMO.

Indiana with the win today, wins the conference by 1/2 game over Mich. Ill will finish 3rd.

Game 1: No. 3 Seed vs. No. 6 Seed. Illinois vs. Ohio St
Game 2: No. 2 Seed vs. No. 7 Seed. Mich vs. Iowa
Game 3: No. 1 Seed vs. No. 8 Seed. Indiana vs. Maryland

Here's the Bracket; We got the 9pm time slot.

Last edited:

We will be lucky if it actually goes off at 9 p.m. Hopefully no extra inning games earlier in the day. Glad I just have to walk across the street from the stadium to crash after its over. Hopefully we can dodge weather delays as well; should be OK Wednesday, but it looks a little dicey the rest of the tournament. Perhaps Weatherman can weigh in.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back