• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Roby Declaring For The NBA Draft While Keeping His College Elgibility For Now

Watching a replay of Game1 five on five scrimmage time of NBA Combine on ESPNU. Missed 1st half, but have watched 2nd half with Roby playing. In this particular scrimmage (they spend more time interviewing players than showing scrimmage), Roby didn't show much until the last 1:30.

At this point, he secured a steal, hit the guard up court, ran the floor, got the ball back, layed it in, got fouled, and then missed the FT. Then on D, he blocked a jumper. With under 10 seconds left, he tried to dunk a put back and missed. His team lost by almost 20.

That must have been the part of a different scrimmage. During the parts of the scrimmage that I saw him play, I was thinking he wasn't doing anything to stand out. Hoping he continues to do what he is capable of.
I think this is the end of one of the scrimmages. I'm afraid it was kind of a "gosh I better do something here" moment. If he was doing that once a half or once a game, I guess I'd think he is ready for the pros. It seems like he did that once a month however.

I think this is the end of one of the scrimmages. I'm afraid it was kind of a "gosh I better do something here" moment. If he was doing that once a half or once a game, I guess I'd think he is ready for the pros. It seems like he did that once a month however.
The switch hadn't flipped, yet, in the one that I watched. For him, I hope it does.

Looking at a few mock drafts for the NBA, Roby is in the middle of the 2nd round in many, not picked at all on one.

Looking at a few mock drafts for the NBA, Roby is in the middle of the 2nd round in many, not picked at all on one.
Do you think he's going to stick with what he has now, or is he going to spin the wheel for the big prize? I think the latter. I hope he gets lucky and gets drafted. Copeland and JPJ are already on the outside looking in.

Do you think he's going to stick with what he has now, or is he going to spin the wheel for the big prize? I think the latter. I hope he gets lucky and gets drafted. Copeland and JPJ are already on the outside looking in.
No idea. I think it depends on how his sit down with Hoiberg went. I would think Hoiberg could improve Roby's outside game but at the same time, if FH thinks he is ready, he would tell him so.

I think one of the biggest negatives of Miles was the teams soft mentality and Roby is a perfect example of that. If he could develop that side of the game, he would up his game a level. Easier to do that in college but I am being selfish.

No idea. I think it depends on how his sit down with Hoiberg went. I would think Hoiberg could improve Roby's outside game but at the same time, if FH thinks he is ready, he would tell him so.

I think one of the biggest negatives of Miles was the teams soft mentality and Roby is a perfect example of that. If he could develop that side of the game, he would up his game a level. Easier to do that in college but I am being selfish.
I am right there with you. Sure, he can develop his game in the developmental league, but he could also come back to Nebraska and develop that portion of his game making him a lock to go in the first or second round.

I am right there with you. Sure, he can develop his game in the developmental league, but he could also come back to Nebraska and develop that portion of his game making him a lock to go in the first or second round.
Or come back to Nebraska and get hurt. This is Nebrasketball you know.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back