• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

State of the program

I think NU needs to take 1 from ASU, and 2 from UM, and to play well in the conf tourney.

I think NU needs to take 1 from ASU, and 2 from UM, and to play well in the conf tourney.
If they go 3-3 in their last 6, they will make the NCAA tourney no matter what happens in the tournament. I think that's a pipe dream to go .500 against these teams coming up.

More realistic way to get it done in my opinion, 2-4 with a few wins in the B1G tourney. Limp in with a 3 seed to a regional and hopefully get a win there.

Last edited:
If they go 3-3 in their last 6, they will make the NCAA tourney no matter what happens in the tournament. I think that's a pipe dream to go .500 against these teams coming up.

More realistic way to get it done in my opinion, 2-4 with a few wins in the B1G tourney. Limp in with a 3 seed to a regional and hopefully get a win there.

That's where we are in yr 8 of erstad: hope to lose the next two series two games to one, limp into regionals, where you would even have to get into regionals after losing about 6 Series in a row, and hope to get a win there. Maybe we could play Binghamton again?

This is beyond pathetic. And I don't want to hear about oversigning and Northern baseball for this sorry excuse of baseball team

That's where we are in yr 8 of erstad: hope to lose the next two series two games to one, limp into regionals, where you would even have to get into regionals after losing about 6 Series in a row, and hope to get a win there. Maybe we could play Binghamton again?

This is beyond pathetic. And I don't want to hear about oversigning and Northern baseball for this sorry excuse of baseball team

okay

Last edited:
Iowa loss moves NU back into 3rd. Red hot UM has lost 2 to Indiana

1) UM
2) IU
3) NU
4) Iowa
5) Ill
5) Minn
7) NW
7) Maryland

If the Huskers can find 4 more wins in the season for a 30 win season, after the weather we had causing 6 cancellations, no outside practice for 1/3 of the season, wins over Baylor, Texas Tech, and Arizona State, I'd say that's a pretty solid season for Nebraska baseball.

If the Huskers can find 4 more wins in the season for a 30 win season, after the weather we had causing 6 cancellations, no outside practice for 1/3 of the season, wins over Baylor, Texas Tech, and Arizona State, I'd say that's a pretty solid season for Nebraska baseball.
I don’t get it.

That would get us to our 4th regional in 6 years and either a top 3 finish in conference or a few wins in the B1G tournament. Certainly some disappointments but with a finish like that and Baylor/Arizona State series wins, a solid season.

If Nebraska loses to Michigan 2-1, the may end up a 5 or 6 seed in the tourney. If the B1G ends up with 4 teams in, NU is not one of them.

Not one series win over a upper division B1G team: how do you put that team in?

And regardless of the chest puffing over ASU, ASU is reeling. In fact, they've lost 5 of there last 6 weekend series. They are reeling so bad, they just lost a road series to a Nebraska team that doesn't have a series win over a conference team with a winning record, in the Big 10!!!

What do you consider a solid season for Nebraska baseball?

Mort, people see what they want to see, no different then Pelini. Erstadt doing just enough to hand on, in fact, I'll argue with anyone that the resources NU pours into baseball are most of the reason he has success (with "success" being a relative term). Stick Erstad at Penn St, Iowa, or Illinois, you think he has this success? Not a chance.

A would say a "solid season" is one conference series win over a team with a winning record. Erstadt may blind some here, but if they don't take the series from Michigan, the committee won't see through the smoke and mirrors that is the NU baseball team.

Last edited:

RPI up to 38, the series with UM wont hurt it much.
Let's go and get Game 1 if we can and then fight to WIN the series (not thinking 1-2 here). The series losses we've suffered, outside of Minnesota, have had a turd game but also a close loss that could have gone either way (and admittedly maybe a win too), so stay in the UM games, compete, and we'll see where it comes out. Good series win against ASU, especially cuz it shows we can against quality, motivated competition. GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back