• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keep an eye on JUCO LHP Cade Povich from Bellevue West

For clarity - Cade, including his parents, aren't against Nebraska (or Erstad). He will make a decision that he feels is best for him and I'm confident his parents will support that decision without interfering. With that said, nobody from NU has contacted him, or anyone affiliated with him, while other P5, and non-P5, schools have.
Right. Kind of ridiculous in my opinion to not even contact the kid, or his dad who is not tough to get ahold of in the baseball world. Speculation, but his dad may love for him to go to Nebraska and pitch close to home. But his dad was ecstatic about when he chose the JUCO he did. His dad actually wants Erstad to succeed and rightfully so thinks his son could probably help there.

I just don't understand why we completely lose track of these kids once they go JUCO.

For clarity - Cade, including his parents, aren't against Nebraska (or Erstad). He will make a decision that he feels is best for him and I'm confident his parents will support that decision without interfering. With that said, nobody from NU has contacted him, or anyone affiliated with him, while other P5, and non-P5, schools have.

i see what your doing there. good PR move. But you and I both know the last place he will play on this planet is at Nebraska with erstad as head coach.

FYI I will see you down there next year, my son is in 8th grade and we are opting in to West solely because of what Shockey did with Povich. My son is a skinny left-hander also who has trouble keeping weight on. I'm going to give him to Shockey and let him do the rest

Ah yes. Can’t believe I didn’t block him in 2017 when a conference title and conference coach of the year was getting downplayed. Coincidentally he only comes around when things are going bad so I didn’t have to deal with him a ton until the past year or so.

You mean that magical year when we backed into the conference title? And the coach of the year turned around and fizzled out at regionals with two losses with two non-scholarship teams?

And the coach of the year Then followed it up with another magical year in which he didn't make the conference tournament?

No one likes to hear truth.

i see what your doing there. good PR move. But you and I both know the last place he will play on this planet is at Nebraska with erstad as head coach.

FYI I will see you down there next year, my son is in 8th grade and we are opting in to West solely because of what Shockey did with Povich. My son is a skinny left-hander also who has trouble keeping weight on. I'm going to give him to Shockey and let him do the rest
You mean that magical year when we backed into the conference title? And the coach of the year turned around and fizzled out at regionals with two losses with two non-scholarship teams?

And the coach of the year Then followed it up with another magical year in which he didn't make the conference tournament?

okay + 2

There isn't a PR move, the decision is up to the kid & his parents will support him 100%.

Best of luck to your son at Bellevue West.

Last edited:

Okay

There isn't a PR move, the decision is up to the kid & his parents will support him 100%.

Best of luck to your son at Bellevue West.

Thanks!

I love Shockey, many don't. He is a lot like Mooney at Prep, you either love him or hate him. Both immense players coaches, and yet very hard nosed and winners. Good luck to Cade, personally, I'd send him down south (A&M?), but I'm not T & K....

Have a transfer taking off that we spent some money on in the 2018 class, wonder if we can had that for Cade? They may feel good with our pitching I suppose and this is a position guy.

Named 1st team All American today by Noah Sharpe at JBB.

10-1, 1.57 ERA, .190 BAA, lead all of JUCO in shutouts (5) and #2 in complete games (8).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back