• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ouedraogo is N!

This appears to be great news.

How does this new group recruited by Coach Hoiberg (including those that are staying) stack up compared to last year's team?

I sense an exciting improvement coming to Husker Basketball. The first season under HC Hoiberg is going to be fun to watch play out.

How does this new group recruited by Coach Hoiberg (including those that are staying) stack up compared to last year's team?

I sense an exciting improvement coming to Husker Basketball. The first season under HC Hoiberg is going to be fun to watch play out.

For one thing, long and athletic. How they gel will be a complete unknown until things get going ... might be several games into the season before we know how far the TEAM is from its ceiling, there is just so much unfamiliarity. We will get to see the playing style right away though - Coach is bringing guys in who appear to fit the up tempo style, and he's got some guys coming who can shoot the 3.

I'm excited. Complete roster flips are not the norm, but this one has potential. Thor is the only guy back next season, unless Roby decides to return, so the look will be 180 degrees from where Nebraska has been.

I knew you weren't meaning to be offensive I just thought I'd point it out. I would guess most French people would have dismissed it as well but in this day and age, you just never know.
No worse than being called deplorable. Then again about anything a person says is going hurt someone's feelings these days.

He sure does -- but he did exactly what he needed to do -- blow everything up and start from scratch. If there was ever a program at UNL that could have used a detonation, it's men's basketball.

Yeah, since Watson/Palmer/Copeland were seniors, it was time to blow it up. It will allow this staff to completely reshape the culture.

Last edited:

That team Miles built last year was pretty deadly when they were healthy and they still had their confidence. The depth was a problem and they lacked some toughness, but that starting lineup was powerful.

If Roby goes pro as planned, I’m not sure. That’s an interesting question. I think Mack will be pretty damn good, but Glynn started a lot of big games. I think last year’s team may have had more talent and athleticism, but offensive scheme will definitely matter.

Roby and Copeland would be excellent bigs in Hoiberg’s system.

That team Miles built last year was pretty deadly when they were healthy and they still had their confidence. The depth was a problem and they lacked some toughness, but that starting lineup was powerful.

But ultimately, it was a lack of toughness -- and sloppy play in critical moments -- that defined last year and Miles tenure at Nebraska.

Even when healthy last season, the Huskers crumbled late and choked away at least two games that would have been big wins -- Minnesota and Maryland. And they put up an absolute crap show against Rutgers -- with a healthy Copeland.

They definitely had the most talent we've had probably this century. But Miles did them no favors between the ears. It's a shame we wasted all of that talent on a sub-par coach.

For one thing, long and athletic. How they gel will be a complete unknown until things get going ... might be several games into the season before we know how far the TEAM is from its ceiling, there is just so much unfamiliarity. We will get to see the playing style right away though - Coach is bringing guys in who appear to fit the up tempo style, and he's got some guys coming who can shoot the 3.

I'm excited. Complete roster flips are not the norm, but this one has potential. Thor is the only guy back next season, unless Roby decides to return, so the look will be 180 degrees from where Nebraska has been.

When Fred started at ISU, there were major concerns about how he would blend all those different personalities and backgrounds and levels of risk with so many transfers. He just did it. Few issues, a lot of success.

This is a clean slate, they rebuilt the roster with guys that fit their style. I’m sure they did their due diligence, doesn’t look like a lot of high risk guys, but you are talking some seriously quick relationship building and evaluation.

How fast/will it gel? That’s the question. Should be an interesting first season. First year at ISU, 6 eligible players on scholarship...16-16. This is a better situation.

I think this kid needs a lot of polishing and development. Good body and high motor though = high potential. Has a knack for rebounding though, we haven’t seen many of them in a while.
I hear a lot of whistle blowing and being pointed at by referees in his future. He will have to figure out how to play with more finesse or be in foul trouble. Needs some touch on his shots too.

I hear a lot of whistle blowing and being pointed at by referees in his future. He will have to figure out how to play with more finesse or be in foul trouble. Needs some touch on his shots too.
This is way too far down the road, but that physical type of play will be needed if we start making the tournament. Let the kid learn some of the skills, learn to play within the B1Gs parameters, that’s not a bad thing. However, when tourney time comes, the game changes some, and it’s good to have a guy who isn’t going to be new to an elevated physical playing style. International ball is a blast if you appreciate basketball as a contact sport, and the NCAA tournament is played pretty close to that type of physicality.

But ultimately, it was a lack of toughness -- and sloppy play in critical moments -- that defined last year and Miles tenure at Nebraska.

Even when healthy last season, the Huskers crumbled late and choked away at least two games that would have been big wins -- Minnesota and Maryland. And they put up an absolute crap show against Rutgers -- with a healthy Copeland.

They definitely had the most talent we've had probably this century. But Miles did them no favors between the ears. It's a shame we wasted all of that talent on a sub-par coach.

All true.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back