• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2 more players leaving...

So Hoiberg has told 3 players to hit the road...hope he big time talent coming in.
Do we know that they were all asked to leave?

I liked what Harris brought in terms of hustle, defense. and rebounding. He also got to the rim well. He didn't show much as far as outside shooting and we do have a lot of guards

Last edited:
Do we know that they were all asked to leave?

I liked what Harris brought in terms of hustle, defense. and rebounding. He also got to the rim well. He didn't show much as far as outside shooting and we do have a lot of guards

Yes.

Brady Heiman

One hour before Brady Heiman’s accounting final — his last test of the semester — the 6-foot-11 freshman met with Fred Hoiberg in his office.

That’s where he was told to transfer. “He asked me to not return,” Heiman told The World-Herald on Thursday. “So I thanked him and then put my name in the (transfer) portal."

Amir Harris and Karrington Davis

Harris — who said last week that he planned on returning — was called by coaches over the weekend and informed he no longer had a spot on the team, sources told The World-Herald. Davis was told the same information late last week.

Both joined Brady Heiman as freshmen scholarship players told in the last week that they aren’t in the future plans for new coach Fred Hoiberg. The attrition leaves Nebraska with four open scholarships.

Last edited:
im sure he has a plan. But I gotta worry about putting a team on the court next year as i assume he will be looking at transfers that have to sit out. All Freshmen or grad transfers and we will have a messed up class spacing.

im sure he has a plan. But I gotta worry about putting a team on the court next year as i assume he will be looking at transfers that have to sit out. All Freshmen or grad transfers and we will have a messed up class spacing.

Abondon preconceived 4-yr model. This will be perpetual. This is how Fred did it at ISU except he took more sit-out transfers immediately and not as many immediately eligible. Flip roster quick and keep bringing in talent. Only 6 eligible players on scholarship in year 1 at ISU, IIRC.

It is maddening that new football and basketball coaches had to come in and the first order of business is to purge the roster. Showing a definite lack of oversight and also the bar was set way too low here for way too long

I believe these players were asked to leave because of the years left on their scholarship. They would be account for a scholarship for 3 more years. If they were older, they probably would have been allowed to finish their time. It is easier for coach to ask them to leave this year and deal with it, rather than in a year or two.

This all bothers me a little. I dont have enough knowledge obviously about the situation, and am fully behind FB hire and the firing of TM. But this just feels like its not how NU athletics should be idk. Again, its just an initial gut feeling, but doesnt seem right that a coach comes in and just tells everyone to leave. "you no longer have a spot on the team". Its not like AH isnt Div I talent.
Anyway, Im sure its in the best interest of the program and the decision is to get things going now. I get that................but does it seem like the kind of program Code/ethics/character/etc,etc,etc that we should be showing our student athletes? To me it doesnt.
I could see him telling a kid or 2 that he wants them on the team but that based off what he sees, he needs to really get better fast or he might not play. But to tell kids you no longer have a spot, dont want you on the team???????? Even if its done with class, doest seem right to me.

I believe these players were asked to leave because of the years left on their scholarship. They would be account for a scholarship for 3 more years. If they were older, they probably would have been allowed to finish their time. It is easier for coach to ask them to leave this year and deal with it, rather than in a year or two.
That would explain Harris leaving but Thor staying.

This all bothers me a little. I dont have enough knowledge obviously about the situation, and am fully behind FB hire and the firing of TM. But this just feels like its not how NU athletics should be idk. Again, its just an initial gut feeling, but doesnt seem right that a coach comes in and just tells everyone to leave. "you no longer have a spot on the team". Its not like AH isnt Div I talent.
Anyway, Im sure its in the best interest of the program and the decision is to get things going now. I get that................but does it seem like the kind of program Code/ethics/character/etc,etc,etc that we should be showing our student athletes? To me it doesnt.
I could see him telling a kid or 2 that he wants them on the team but that based off what he sees, he needs to really get better fast or he might not play. But to tell kids you no longer have a spot, dont want you on the team???????? Even if its done with class, doest seem right to me.
I LOVE the Hoiberg hire and am more optimistic than ever about Husker hoops. With that being said I would be lying if I didn’t admit to feeling the same way. We absolutely blister the SEC for doing this in football but some of us including me will try to rationalize what’s happening here. It’s big boy basketball but if it’s going down exactly as said it feels kind of sleazy.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back