• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Potential transfers

Jervay Green made the news, unfortunately Scottsbluff "Star-Herald" reported Green was in a vehicle that was stopped for a traffic violation in Scottsbluff. PD determined a "narcotic violation" was determined and the multiple people in the vehicle were cited. Article noted the smell of marijuana was present.

Jervay Green made the news, unfortunately Scottsbluff "Star-Herald" reported Green was in a vehicle that was stopped for a traffic violation in Scottsbluff. PD determined a "narcotic violation" was determined and the multiple people in the vehicle were cited. Article noted the smell of marijuana was present.
https://www.starherald.com/news/loc...cle_9dfe80f9-7d73-5542-864a-e92c84ac4a8d.html
Oh boy. 10:50 PM. Pretty sure this doesn't mean anything, but not a great way to start.

Thanks for the info Rog but next time I'd just make this type of info a new thread. :thumbsup:

More names are going to have to pop up soon. A lot of the players that have been publicly contacted are starting to commit elsewhere.

Former 5 star, will be a sophomore.

Not sure if there was ever mutual interest or what. But do you think this will come back and hurt Jahvon Quinerly? I doubt the NCAA will come back and do anything this early, but I wonder if this could have an impact on possible landing destinations for him.

Arizona figured prominently in the second day of closing arguments. Wiretaps and transcripts referencing former UA assistant coach Book Richardson, former wing Rawle Alkins and onetime Arizona commit Jahvon Quinerly were displayed Monday.

“They money is needed immediately to pay for a recruit, Jahvon Quinerly,” Boone said. “That’s what the $15,000 is for.”

Quinerly decommitted from the UA shortly after Richardson was arrested in September 2017, played his freshman season at Villanova and is now seeking a transfer.

Last edited:
Not sure if there was ever mutual interest or what. But do you think this will come back and hurt Jahvon Quinerly? I doubt the NCAA will come back and do anything this early, but I wonder if this could have an impact on possible landing destinations for him.

If a program is under any scrutiny, I’m sure there would be some caution. But in this kid’s case, he’s made his one big screw up and now knows there are people watching. I doubt he still thinks money is to be expected as a part of playing college basketball.

If a program is under any scrutiny, I’m sure there would be some caution. But in this kid’s case, he’s made his one big screw up and now knows there are people watching. I doubt he still thinks money is to be expected as a part of playing college basketball.

Yeah, I agree. Can't imagine Quinerly will get into that again. But I was more referring to if the NCAA opens their own investigation and eventually rules him ineligible. If that happens, is he worth pursuing?

Yeah, I agree. Can't imagine Quinerly will get into that again. But I was more referring to if the NCAA opens their own investigation and eventually rules him ineligible. If that happens, is he worth pursuing?
It’s going to be tough to put this on the kid to the point you make him ineligible, unless they have him on recordings verbalizing his demands. If it’s some ‘handler’ situation, he’s probably not going to be declared ineligible.

I don't think this will ever be blamed on the athlete. It will always be the school's responsibility to follow the rules.

This isn't exactly a transfer scenario but it would be a crapton of fun. There are three football players (at least) that could help the basketball team this year. The three that I was thinking of are Vedral, Allen, and maybe McCallum. Allen was a recruiting miss from the beginning (wrong sport) and Vedral and McCallum went to other schools (UCF and Air Force respectively).

Would love to see Vedral, Allen and McCallum out there playing ball for Nebraska. I know it's asking too much, and would probably mean there were issues with better players. Still, would be fun.

This isn't exactly a transfer scenario but it would be a crapton of fun. There are three football players (at least) that could help the basketball team this year. The three that I was thinking of are Vedral, Allen, and maybe McCallum. Allen was a recruiting miss from the beginning (wrong sport) and Vedral and McCallum went to other schools (UCF and Air Force respectively).

Would love to see Vedral, Allen and McCallum out there playing ball for Nebraska. I know it's asking too much, and would probably mean there were issues with better players. Still, would be fun.
We have an OLB that I’d ship over there today.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back