• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Keep an eye on JUCO LHP Cade Povich from Bellevue West

Not sure on this, but with Eichorst gone, Erstad is able to go get kids that don't have their JUCO degree yet where he couldn't in the past (see us getting Palensky last year, worked out well). Cade Povich is a left-handed starting pitcher down south right now from Bellevue West. He just won pitcher of the week earlier this month, and is currently killing it in JUCO ball. He followed the performance that got him pitcher of the week with another 6 innings and only one hit and 6 K's.

Not sure if he wants to come back up here or not, but he could help us when we lost Waldron, Fisher, and Eddins for starters next year.

Led JUCO in complete games and will be heading to a Power5, just not Nebraska. Another one slips away that could be a weekend starter in 2020.

His dad doesn't want anything to do with Ersdud. Many would recognize his dad as one of the major contributors on the Nebraska rivals board.

For clarity - Cade, including his parents, aren't against Nebraska (or Erstad). He will make a decision that he feels is best for him and I'm confident his parents will support that decision without interfering. With that said, nobody from NU has contacted him, or anyone affiliated with him, while other P5, and non-P5, schools have.

Last edited:

For clarity - Cade, including his parents, aren't against Nebraska (or Erstad). He will make a decision that he feels is best for him and I'm confident his parents will support that decision without interfering. With that said, nobody from NU has contacted him, or anyone affiliated with him, while other P5, and non-P5, schools have.

For some reason, I feel that you may be "close to the situation" :cool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back