• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Being a Royals fan is depressing at times. Winning the World Series actually made it worse. :(
Gosh, not for me. My son and I went to game 2 in KC. Had a blast, something we did together that neither us will ever forget. We still talk about the game. My son lives in another state and I don't get to see him very often.

Gosh, not for me. My son and I went to game 2 in KC. Had a blast, something we did together that neither us will ever forget. We still talk about the game. My son lives in another state and I don't get to see him very often.
No, winning the world series was incredible...I mean it makes us being awful worse now. The bar is higher than it was 6 years ago.

God, I miss Salvie.

Edit:

Sorry, probably the wrong term. Crap, I miss Salvie.:)

Last edited:
Ryan O'Hearn. Grand slam. Hard to believe. Got to love it. Royals up 6-0 top of the third. Long way to go but Duffy is doing OK.

It REALLY is almost a very good offensive lineup. The production of the top three has been MLB caliber, Dozier has been a wow, Soler and O'Hearn coming to life. Some pop there, too. Gutierrez having a good start. We'll get what we get from Maldonado; as advertised, he is a high-quality, defensive catcher. If Hamilton can get his OBP up (and NOT get picked off), there's pressure all through the lineup. And at least fun to watch.

Now, about that pitching. Some improving to the bullpen, but still not yet translating to more than one win in three. How about we start a run by taking this series from Houston (which, by the way, seems to have the most loaded starting pitching staff since, what, the Braves of Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery, Mercker?).

Good all-around game last night. Was really hoping Whit would get one more AB in the 9th to try for the cycle.

The Royals have scored 180 runs, a run differential of -3 and are 11 games below .500. Just a mediocre bullpen would have made this team a contender.

Good all-around game last night. Was really hoping Whit would get one more AB in the 9th to try for the cycle.

The Royals have scored 180 runs, a run differential of -3 and are 11 games below .500. Just a mediocre bullpen would have made this team a contender.
The bullpen being even average and Perez in the lineup would have this Royals team at or above .500 imo.

Royals are my second favorite team. Moved to Katy Texas a long time ago. Watch the blowout last night, royals have a lot of young fast guys on the team. If they can get some more pitching, I can see them back fighting for a playoff spot in a couple years.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back