• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Any updates on Coach Dewitt?

Haven't heard much lately and something about this tweet doesn't feel right.

Unless I’m mistaken, he’s completed his chemo by now and is nearing the end of his radiation therapy. I have not experienced either. I heard him talk about the effects of the chemo - extreme nausea and fatigue - but I do not know the side effects of the radiation. I wonder whether it effects his voice? Could explain why we are not hearing from him.

Fortunately the probability of success of his treatment is very high. (That doesn’t take away from the misery he’s gone through).

I don’t get the same feeling you do from this tweet. Could you be more specific?

My wife had a pump attached to her waist pumping chemo into her 7 days a week for six months, and had in addition a session at the doctor's clinic once a week to put additional chemo in her. She survived an advanced stage of colon cancer with this and lived cancer free for 10 years before encountering an undefeated foe, ALS.

But she didn't slow down very much during the chemo therapy. She had a very upbeat attitude about life. I came home after her first day of chemo and she was out front on a step ladder trimming large bushes.

My wife had a pump attached to her waist pumping chemo into her 7 days a week for six months, and had in addition a session at the doctor's clinic once a week to put additional chemo in her. She survived an advanced stage of colon cancer with this and lived cancer free for 10 years before encountering an undefeated foe, ALS.

But she didn't slow down very much during the chemo therapy. She had a very upbeat attitude about life. I came home after her first day of chemo and she was out front on a step ladder trimming large bushes.
Thank you for sharing this story.It is encouraging for any of us or our loved ones or friends who might be facing this terrible thing called cancer.God bless and GBR.

Just hope his ordeal ends the smokeless tobacco use throughout the department
I do too. It’s a tough one to quit. I did it 20 yrs before switching to nicotine gum. Been at the gum for 2 yrs now. Doc, you know if there’s less or similar risks of cancer with the gum vs. chew?

I do too. It’s a tough one to quit. I did it 20 yrs before switching to nicotine gum. Been at the gum for 2 yrs now. Doc, you know if there’s less or similar risks of cancer with the gum vs. chew?

Gum is much safer. While nicotine is not benign, tobacco (smoked or chewed) contains many carcinogens.

I know people who have quit smoking using coffee grounds or mint snuff.

20+ and 5 years on lozenges. They were a beotch to get off of. Much safer, but more nicotine. I finally had to just bite the bullet and quit buying them.

Thanks, I know the wife appreciates the gum over leaving spitters around!

I wish the best for coach Dewitt.
If you want to quit all of it. (I dipped for 15 years never spit only time you knew I was dipping is when I put in a new one) Quit on a weekend. Preferably when the family is not around. Every time you have a nic fit. drink a bunch of water. throws your equilibrium off and helps it pass. Also helps flush out your system. Then for about three weeks no alcohol. Drinking alcohol brings on a desire for nicotine. been clear almost 20 years now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back