• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 star OL Turner Corcoran is N ( 4-Star/#55 Ranked (Composite) in the country) Update: Now #31

Nice to see Bama doesn't have have the top 20 already locked up....maybe the shine is wearing off.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bama take a few steps back, but I don't think they are hurting on the recruiting trail right now. I thought I read somewhere that they have 13 commits ranked in the Top 300, and they just flipped a top OU commit.

only like half the top 50

Dabo's earned it. He's transformed that program into one that is on-par with Alabama. I've always been a huge fan of his. I'll always remember basically being laughed off this board when I said he was a good coach circa '08 when Nebraska was prepping to play them in the Gator Bowl IIRC. Then when I said they'd be playing for a NC within 5 years after they hired Venables to run that defense, the mocking was palpable.

Dabo's earned it. He's transformed that program into one that is on-par with Alabama. I've always been a huge fan of his. I'll always remember basically being laughed off this board when I said he was a good coach circa '08 when Nebraska was prepping to play them in the Gator Bowl IIRC. Then when I said they'd be playing for a NC within 5 years after they hired Venables to run that defense, the mocking was palpable.

He's not a good strategic or xs and os coach. But he was smart and humble enough to know that and hired Venables and Scott as coordinators and gave them independence to do their thing.

Impossible, NU recruits go down in ranking after committing. Or maybe that was just what happened historically.

I think Frost and his cred, likability etc might be in play here. With all that being said this kid is the real deal. The fact OU and Ohio State were in his final three attests to that.

Keeping Venables is his top coaching achievement. I like Dabo, but keeping a top-tier DC for so long is nearly unheard of.

Kudos to the school for paying him what he deserves too.

Not wanting to get into a big philosophical debate here, but is there any part that thinks that coaches salaries are a bit out of whack? I don't mean that to be nasty and I get the money coming in to the Universities (or a least some of them), but it just seems like it is a bit excessive.

That being said you are right, if BV is happy being a DC then pay the dude and keep the machine rolling along.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back