• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whatever became of Keyshawn Johnson Jr?

Anyway it was disappointing how KJJ didn't work out. But he seemed to not be as into football as it appeared during his recruitment.

Last edited:

Luck's dad was an NFL QB? I don't think I ever heard that.
Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers, Number One...

He was behind... Archie Manning (?) and then Warren Moon...

IIRC, Bum Phillips got fired, a year or two earlier, had previously traded Dan Pastorini to Oakland for Ken Stabler (whose arm was shot). Bum was made HC and GM and New Orleans (and he hired DONU Defensive Coordinato Lance Van Zandt to be his DC). Bum traded Archie Manning for Ken Stabler.

Oliver Luck from West Virginia... High second round pick (#44 and 3rd QB; after Art Schlister and Jim McMahon) also a Rhodes Scholarship finalist (did not win it, but nice company to be in)...

Obviously having played the game and having some smarts, he went into pro-sports managment and has served in executive positions such as GM and headed some sports leagues. I think the European NFL League and then pro-soccer. Andrew Luck spent late grade school and early middle school in London. A friend of my son used to "pick on him" in school. Of course he was a few years older then, that is the only reason he got away with it.

Last edited:

Did Keyshawn, Jr. run off with one of our wives or something, or what's the deal? Feeling the need to tell others to not mention him makes me think that you're still getting the feels every time his and certain other names are mentioned.The same guys who insist that we need to "move on" will be in the next thread dissecting and rehashing in detail some aspect of the program--both good and bad--from a past coaching regime and be just fine with that. He's a former Husker. It's okay to ask what he's doing now.

Last edited:
Or you could skip this thread? One poster asked what happened to him. If you don't care, move on. If others do care, so what? He's a former Husker.
because you don’t agree with GL opinion of where is he and says move on.. it’s wrong? In saying once a Husker always a Husker. I’d rather celebrate those that go to Neb and give 100% not quit on the team. He’s no Husker

I figured he'd moved on from NU, but apparently he felt the need to make a slight jab NU fanbase right before the spring game this year.

He probably had the time, with no football to worry about or anything. Wouldn’t be much different than Harrison Beck showing up. Who would even recognize him.

Did Keyshawn, Jr. run off with one of our wives or something, or what's the deal? Feeling the need to tell others to not mention him makes me think that you're still getting the feels every time his and certain other names are mentioned.The same guys who insist that we need to "move on" will be in the next thread dissecting and rehashing in detail some aspect of the program--both good and bad--from a past coaching regime and be just fine with that. He's a former Husker. It's okay to ask what he's doing now.
This was a troll thread before WTH even hit enter. He sits under the bridge a lot

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back