• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best (Worst) Football Brawls?

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
Mods, feel free to move if this needs to be in the Other Teams forum, but I figured it's the offseason. Plus, if you count Kellen Houston, it's technically Husker-related.

What are some of the best (err, worst?) football brawls you've ever seen?

it is frost, i watched more of the video, and frost is shown pulling him toward the locker room, almost wrestling him away from the crowd, trying to get him toward the locker.

Both episodes were despicable sucker punches. It’s embarrassing listening to Solich make excuses for Kellen Huston’s behavior. And for those that I was chatting with on the rivalry thread, notice another blowout? . You probably won’t believe it but I really am a husker fan but when I see bad behavior or bad football from the home team I’m willing to point it out. We really haven’t had much to cheer about since Colorado 2001.

at the 50 sec mark of the La Garrett Blount video.... is that Scott Frost walking him off the field, its grainy, and only 1.5 seconds, but it might just be him.

it is frost, i watched more of the video, and frost is shown pulling him toward the locker room, almost wrestling him away from the crowd, trying to get him toward the locker.

It's absolutely Frost. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Blount was all riled up like a bull in a china shop and Frost just manhandled him like Suh chucking McCoy.

I got a lot of joy telling Oregon fans how a 30-something former Nebraska quarterback had just stopped their star running back dead in his tracks.

Last edited:
How about the Miami-FIU brawl? Good Lord, I remember absolutely losing it when that Hurricane player came running on the field using his helmet as a club!

Both episodes were despicable sucker punches. It’s embarrassing listening to Solich make excuses for Kellen Huston’s behavior. And for those that I was chatting with on the rivalry thread, notice another blowout? . You probably won’t believe it but I really am a husker fan but when I see bad behavior or bad football from the home team I’m willing to point it out. We really haven’t had much to cheer about since Colorado 2001.
I agree that I don't like seeing excuses made for bad behavior. It makes it look like those in authority condone the bad behavior, and encouraging more bad behavior. And we don't need anymore of that.

I realize Kellen was in a bad place emotionally after the loss, but as a college age athlete, you should have learned enough self-control to not make a bad situation worse by responding like that to a possibly intoxicated fan from the other side. On the other hand, I also hope the Missouri fan learned to be careful what is said to someone who might not be feeling too well after a emotional loss. As one wise person once said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. The face you save may be your own".

On the Oregon-Boise State video (best view of this incident started at 2:05), I liked the way the Boise State coaches immediately pulled back their player after his taunting. And Frost looked good strong-arming Blount off the field. I'm sure both coaching staffs made this incident a "teaching moment" for both teams.

Neither of these incidents needed to happen to make football better.

How about the Miami-FIU brawl? Good Lord, I remember absolutely losing it when that Hurricane player came running on the field using his helmet as a club!

What I remember about this game was the former player who was a radio announcer leaving the booth because he wanted to join in. He came back but he thought it was a good thing.

What I remember about this game was the former player who was a radio announcer leaving the booth because he wanted to join in. He came back but he thought it was a good thing.
You are kidding me?? I didn't know that and my guess is that it was a former Hurricane and not a Seminole.

I agree that I don't like seeing excuses made for bad behavior. It makes it look like those in authority condone the bad behavior, and encouraging more bad behavior. And we don't need anymore of that.

I realize Kellen was in a bad place emotionally after the loss, but as a college age athlete, you should have learned enough self-control to not make a bad situation worse by responding like that to a possibly intoxicated fan from the other side. On the other hand, I also hope the Missouri fan learned to be careful what is said to someone who might not be feeling too well after a emotional loss. As one wise person once said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything. The face you save may be your own".

On the Oregon-Boise State video (best view of this incident started at 2:05), I liked the way the Boise State coaches immediately pulled back their player after his taunting. And Frost looked good strong-arming Blount off the field. I'm sure both coaching staffs made this incident a "teaching moment" for both teams.

Neither of these incidents needed to happen to make football better.

Agree with everything in this post, and would also add that the Boise State player didn't need to put hands on Blounts shoulder pad as he ran by and said something to him in the game's aftermath. But he was obviously clueless - didn't even keep track of Blount after he taunted him. That was a "made for TV" moment - the replays went on and on and on.

Scott handled a very fit, physical running back like the guy was a 6th grader.

So here's another question: What disciplinary action would Osborne or Frost have taken on one of his players who committed these punches?

Last edited:

You are kidding me?? I didn't know that and my guess is that it was a former Hurricane and not a Seminole.

I think you mean Panther, not Seminole. This was a brawl between Miami and Florida-International, not Florida State.

If it was a Hurricane-Seminole brawl, the cops would have searched the field afterwards and found a dozen brass knuckles, 18 bags of crack, four unregistered firearms and the bodies of at least 6 prostitutes.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back