• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Match in McCook against Colorado State--4/20/19 Game Thread

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member

Who’s ready for some spring volleyball?

Nebraska announced on Wednesday that the Huskers will face Colorado State at McCook Community College in its spring exhibition match on April 20 at 1 p.m.

The Rams, who did not have a single senior on their roster, went 23-8 last season and qualified for the NCAA Tournament, falling to Tennessee in five sets in the first round.

The Huskers swept the Rams back in 2017 in Kearney. Nebraska did not play an exhibition last spring because of the team’s lack of eligible setters on campus following Kelly Hunter’s graduation and Hunter Atherton’s transfer and prior to Nicklin Hames’ arrival in Lincoln.

Approximately 1,300 tickets will go on sale on March 16 at 11 a.m. at the Graff Events Center on the campus at McCook. Tickets for people ages 2 and up will cost $10. There will be a limit of four tickets sold per individual for those 16 years old and up with a valid ID.
More from the article at the Hail Varsity link...

:Woohoo:

Knew MCC was trying to get them into town. NU was all set, just needed to find an opponent. Figured CSU was a good bet.

Looks like NU is going all out for this match. NU was offered the use of the 2016 Brazil Olympic floor (it has been making a tour across the US), and was shipped and installed in Mccook for the match.

4 layers of high density foam, designed for cushioning of knees and ankles, and to prevent floor burns.

Looks like NU is going all out for this match. NU was offered the use of the 2016 Brazil Olympic floor (it has been making a tour across the US), and was shipped and installed in Mccook for the match.

4 layers of high density foam, designed for cushioning of knees and ankles, and to prevent floor burns.
That's pretty cool.

ARG...drove by (9:30am) and NU bus (all white with a big N on the sides) was sitting in the lot, didnt have my phone. Went and got my phone and the bus was gone. CSU bus isnt too bad either, it was in the lot when i drove by at 11:00

Incoming Fr Kenzie Knuckles (yorktown, Ind) will get the starting Libero, and incoming freshman Madi Kubik (West Des Moines, IA) has impressed this spring and will get the start at outside hitter

Last edited:

Beach vb season used up much of the spring practice for NU. Not much time in the gym for regular VB

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back