• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Royals

Whit's streak of games will come to an end unless KC blows a 2 run lead in he 9th. So there is hope. :Cautious:

Hamilton injured in an attempt at a game winning catch at the wall on the play that tied the game. He was carted off.

Did some looking...the Omaha potential callups if needed(Omaha stats):

Brett Philips .176 (3 for 17)
Jorge Bonafacio .000 (0 for 25) ---or---
Bubba Starling .333 (6 for 18)

Hamilton injured in an attempt at a game winning catch at the wall on the play that tied the game. He was carted off.

Did some looking...the Omaha potential callups if needed(Omaha stats):

Brett Philips .176 (3 for 17)
Jorge Bonafacio .000 (0 for 25) ---or---
Bubba Starling .333 (6 for 18)

Screw it, bring up Starling. What's the worst that could happen? KC loses a bunch of games in a row?

I would like to see Bubba. Maybe it's just the Nebraska connection. My son was able to watch the game and mentioned that Whit hit it all over the place, just that someone was always there. Congrats on his record. He wasn't going to get to 54 anyway, IMO.

I would like to see Bubba. Maybe it's just the Nebraska connection. My son was able to watch the game and mentioned that Whit hit it all over the place, just that someone was always there. Congrats on his record. He wasn't going to get to 54 anyway, IMO.
Its unlikely to be Bubba strictly because he is not on the 40 man roster currently and it will be a short call up. But at this point, he is as good of an option as any unless they want to give current AA level Khalil Lee some big time at bats for a week.

After 1 inning, KC up 6-0 over Cleveland.

The top three in the batting order have been really good so far this year. Whit, Mondesi, and Gordon. After that -- huge dropoff. Anything you can get from the rest of the order (and we have recently) is an unexpected bonus.

The Royals can't blow this huge early cushion, can they? Yes, they can. Still a lot of game left to go.

Royals win big as I was not able to watch.

Alex Gordon now hitting .390.
That's a magic number! Really psyched for his start this year. Have to believe that the speed and batting averages in front of him are getting him a much better mix of pitches to look at. The offense hasn't looked bad and the starting pitching, on average, has been OK, but the pen needs some swagger (as do those of MANY teams). Royals haven't looked as bad as 3-10, but man the Yost years have brought way too many of these long losing streaks. Doesn't help not having a traditional streak-stopping ace, but Keller and Junis do bring some quality to the rotation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back