• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Adams-Woods reopens recruitment > Cincinnati

CRAP.

Would really be nice to get this guy. Need a point guard. Nebraska has 3 guys on the roster that can bring the ball up now (Amir, Thor, Roby) but they aren't Big Ten point guards (yet?). Was hoping this guy would be the one. Plus he's just a nice player.

I repeat: CRAP.

CRAP.

Would really be nice to get this guy. Need a point guard. Nebraska has 3 guys on the roster that can bring the ball up now (Amir, Thor, Roby) but they aren't Big Ten point guards (yet?). Was hoping this guy would be the one. Plus he's just a nice player.

I repeat: CRAP.
For next year, I hear ya. But in the grand scheme of things, this guy was ranked 3rd in our recruiting class for guys we needed to keep. I actually was hoping we would get another scholarship for Hoiberg, so this doesn’t bother me much.

For next year, I hear ya. But in the grand scheme of things, this guy was ranked 3rd in our recruiting class for guys we needed to keep. I actually was hoping we would get another scholarship for Hoiberg, so this doesn’t bother me much.
He's not like Xavier Johnson last year, but I thought he was going to be a solid contributor next year, and get better from there. I don't know how soon Arop can contribute, but I hope he still comes to Nebraska. Jervay Green is still a wildcard for me - he's a scorer, and JUCO scorers rarely do as well against Div 1 competition and never at Nebraska. Would rather have a shooter than a scorer from JUCO, but I could be really wrong on him.

He's not like Xavier Johnson last year, but I thought he was going to be a solid contributor next year, and get better from there. I don't know how soon Arop can contribute, but I hope he still comes to Nebraska. Jervay Green is still a wildcard for me - he's a scorer, and JUCO scorers rarely do as well against Div 1 competition and never at Nebraska. Would rather have a shooter than a scorer from JUCO, but I could be really wrong on him.
Boy, I think you are undervaluing Green. I’m not sure it can get any better in a Hoiberg offense than him. 40% from 3 and the #3/#5 ranked JUCO in the country, regardless of position. Kansas and Oregon went after him after we fired Miles. He’s a great shooter.

Arop I thought was important due to being the #1 player in the state, but I’m not sure how he fits.

Adams-Woods is who I landed on for “I’m ok if we lose him” in an effort to get Hoiberg more scholarships to play with. But to your point (pun intended), who’s gonna distribute the ball? Maybe Trueblood coming back is the best option.

Boy, I think you are undervaluing Green. I’m not sure it can get any better in a Hoiberg offense than him. 40% from 3 and the #3/#5 ranked JUCO in the country, regardless of position. Kansas and Oregon went after him after we fired Miles. He’s a great shooter.

Arop I thought was important due to being the #1 player in the state, but I’m not sure how he fits.

Adams-Woods is who I landed on for “I’m ok if we lose him” in an effort to get Hoiberg more scholarships to play with. But to your point (pun intended), who’s gonna distribute the ball? Maybe Trueblood coming back is the best option.
I agree with you about Green...I really want to see that guy in Nebraska uniform next year. I felt that way when he committed...now that Hoiberg is here, I am even more excited.

So Hoiberg said he never lost a three point shooting contest against his players at ISU. I suggest he challenge any player thinking of transferring or de-committing to a contest and if he beats them, they have to stay with NU.

I agree with you about Green...I really want to see that guy in Nebraska uniform next year. I felt that way when he committed...now that Hoiberg is here, I am even more excited.

Okay, I hope I'm overly pessimistic. I remember getting the #5 scorer from JUCO to Lincoln in the past, and having him disappear for a year. I hope that doesn't happen with Green, but I guess that's what I expect.

He made it clear he liked what he heard and NU was still an option. Id say we could still very much get him. I like what we've seen in him I hope he remains committed. dont agree with *** on this one. hes an important get and a great PG

4 open scholarships for Hoiberg

Roby, Thor, Hieman, Harris, Nana, Davis and Burke are on scholarship presently. That’s 7.
Will see what Roby does.
Do you think Nana and Thor are back?
Have 2 commits now- Green and Arop. Agree not sure how Arop fits
Could have many spots open for unsigned HS players or transfers?
Does that seem correct?

Okay, I hope I'm overly pessimistic. I remember getting the #5 scorer from JUCO to Lincoln in the past, and having him disappear for a year. I hope that doesn't happen with Green, but I guess that's what I expect.
I get your hesitation, but that #5 scorer came in to an entirely different offensive scheme. Hoiberg certainly has the potential to make this completely different.

Roby, Thor, Hieman, Harris, Nana, Davis and Burke are on scholarship presently. That’s 7.
Will see what Roby does.
Does that seem correct?
I'm just paying close attention to a lot of press, I don't have inside information.
Burke has been actively looking for opportunities, hope Hoiberg talks him into staying.
I don't know that Nana will be eligible to return - I heard he violated a "Big 10 rule" and "had to get his classes in order". Since he was suspended so late in the year, I'm guessing he might have stopped going to classes or something (like Nate Gerry maybe). That might mean he would be ineligible for the fall.
Trueblood might come back more as a player/coach if Hoiberg is amenable.
I don't think Thor leaves if Fred wants him to stay - Thor showed he can contribute and has more hustle in him than most of the team from last year.

He made it clear he liked what he heard and NU was still an option. Id say we could still very much get him. I like what we've seen in him I hope he remains committed. dont agree with *** on this one. hes an important get and a great PG
We were the only P5 offer in his final schools he chose from besides East Carolina who went 3-15 in conference this year. Green has Kansas and Oregon knocking on his door. Arop is the #1 player in the state. Adams-Woods isn’t getting us where we want to go. Great diamond in the rough pickup for Miles’ staff tho.

Will see what Roby does.
Does that seem correct?
I don’t think Nana is back. Well, I take that back, depending how much traction Hoiberg gets on the trail, he would be well within his rights to part ways with Akenten.

I think we grab a grad/JUCO transfer or two, and a “sit out transfer” or two. There’s just not a ton of 4 year players left unsigned.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back