• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Um..... hey guys?

Winning five games in five days with a full roster would be one thing. No way it happens playing with only seven

However, they may be one win away from making the NIT and from making Moos’s choice much less clear.

These last three games have sort of been like Pelini beating Iowa in his final game. It’s going to muck up the water a bit.

Heres the problem.
(first of all, we have a .0001% chance of winning the Bib 10)
We already know what we get with Miles. We suck most of the time, then every once in awhile, he puts together a nice run and makes the team respectable. Keeping him means we are committing to the same thing. Suck most of the time but live for those little runs he has every once in awhile. This is why Moos made the main comment that hes looking for consistancy. Thats exactly what he isnt getting with TM.
We built the PBA with the idea in mind ( in part) that we wanted to build a basketball program that the fans have always wanted. The decision to keep HCTM wont be in the best long term interest of the program or the programs goals. It would be on overreaction to a few games.

Saying this is admitting we should flush $3-5 million for ‘feel good’ reasons, and I just can’t see a justification.

It was a joke. We are not winning the tournament. I believe the same metric that I believed at the beginning of the season. Miles must win an NCAA tournament to be extended.

If they win the B1G tourney, then Miles can use that as a springboard to get his next MWC coaching job next year.

Heres the problem.
(first of all, we have a .0001% chance of winning the Bib 10)
We already know what we get with Miles. We suck most of the time, then every once in awhile, he puts together a nice run and makes the team respectable. Keeping him means we are committing to the same thing. Suck most of the time but live for those little runs he has every once in awhile. This is why Moos made the main comment that hes looking for consistancy. Thats exactly what he isnt getting with TM.
We built the PBA with the idea in mind ( in part) that we wanted to build a basketball program that the fans have always wanted. The decision to keep HCTM wont be in the best long term interest of the program or the programs goals. It would be on overreaction to a few games.
I remember when we played in the “barn/coliseum” and everyone said that if we would only build a bigger quality facility, we could compete for championships in the conference. They built the Devaney Center. Well, how did that work out?

Last edited:
Took a quick look at Twitter. Is it possible that Husker fans are behind a .500 Miles, but couldn’t run a .500 Riley out of town fast enough?

I remember when we played in the “barn/coliseum” and everyone said that if we would only build a bigger quality facility, we could compete for championships in the conference. They built the Devaney Center. Well, how did that work out?
Yeah well if you provide the facilities with the right coach you succeed. We unfortunately have never put a coach in to match it

So do you think we’d have the same record if we’d just stayed in the coliseum?

Took a quick look at Twitter. Is it possible that Husker fans are behind a .500 Miles, but couldn’t run a .500 Riley out of town fast enough?
Two different sports coming from two different sets of expectations.

NU is a blue blood football program. One of the all time winningest. Would Kentucky basketball accept a 0.500 program? So shouldnt Nebraska football. On the other hand NU b-ball is much like Kentucky football.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back