• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

State Basketball Tournament - Charlie Easley ('N')

I hope this kid does not get an offer. NU needs a couple of 275 pound, 6’ 11” All American centers. We have enough little players.
Don’t we graduate 5 guys, 3 of whom are guards? As easy as I’m sure it will be to go get 2 all American 7 footers, we should probably recruit to fill the entire roster.

There is no doubt Nebraska needs a bigger, stronger and more athletic presence inside. Cannot and will not disagree with you on that point. On Easley, however, the kid can play and - in my opinion - offers more than a guy like Thor who is on your bench now.
Totally agree. Easley is not the guy that turns around a program but he certainly brings more to the floor than Thor and the rest of our scoring challenged bench.

Totally agree. Easley is not the guy that turns around a program but he certainly brings more to the floor than Thor and the rest of our scoring challenged bench.

If Nebraska gets a new coach in here, perhaps Easley gets a stronger look, especially if there is any potential attrition of current players or recruits. One of the guys leaving your bench after this year is Johnny Trueblood ... depending how the coach wants to construct his roster, Easley should offer at least as much as JT did, the question then becomes whether you want to spend a scholarship on him.

I watched Cody Levinson out of Grand Island destroy future D-1A prospects in the late 90's. The guy was about 6'1" and took over AAU games single-handedly. Matt Davidson, Mike Preston, Mike Hahn, and several other guys on his AAU team went D-1A except him. Interesting how he was the guy they all leaned on in a pinch and he did not. The guy was lights out shooting from everywhere on the court, and shot equally well without pressure as with someone wrenching on him. That will always be the headscratcher on how such talent never gets a shot at the next level.
Think Mike Daum, who now plays at South Dakota State. He is a prolific player and a Nebraska kid who got away. Google him. You will be askin yourself how did he ever get over looked by Nebraska. i believe he is the 9th all time leading scorer in NCAA history.

Last edited:
Think Mike Daum, who now plays at South Dakota State. He is a prolific player and a Nebraska kid who got away. Google him. You will be askin yourself how did he ever get over looked by Nebraska. i believe he is the 9th all time leading scorer in NCAA history.
Look at Daum's high school stats and film and you will be wondering how he got a D1 offer. He made the most of his redshirt year. Good for him too, I love his story. He could have been Andrew Drevo part 2 if he had transferred to UNL. He didn't look like the man he is now in high school.

Nebraska has 4 Scholarship seniors - one former walkon completing eligibility. If they wanted, Borchardt and Trueblood could get another year. They might lose more players. I think Easley already has a Nebraska walkon offer, but I don't think they offer him a scholarship unless something crazy happens.

If the kid is truly 6'1" and can shoot that well, he is worth looking at. He really sounds like a gamer. Nebraska hasn't had a spot up shooter that can consistently make a 3 in a long time.

Look at Daum's high school stats and film and you will be wondering how he got a D1 offer. He made the most of his redshirt year. Good for him too, I love his story. He could have been Andrew Drevo part 2 if he had transferred to UNL. He didn't look like the man he is now in high school.

Nebraska has 4 Scholarship seniors - one former walkon completing eligibility. If they wanted, Borchardt and Trueblood could get another year. They might lose more players. I think Easley already has a Nebraska walkon offer, but I don't think they offer him a scholarship unless something crazy happens.
All true. Easy to fault Miles for a lot of things. Missing on daum isn’t one. Easley is in my “I won’t be mad regardless of what they do” category.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back