• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

5 candidates to replace a possibility fired TM...

Would love to see Lue take a step down in his career and help us out.

Let’s be honest, what career respecting ‘name’ coach is going to sign on with a 68 year old AD who will be starting this 3rd year of a 5 year deal before the next BB season?

Couple that with the fact that said AD has had zero success in MBB and his best and only hire has been Ernie Kent.

Chew on that kool-aid drinkers and get back to me.

(PS...NU could have done soooo much better)

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, what career respecting ‘name’ coach is going to sign on with a 68 year old AD who will be starting this 3rd year of a 5 year deal before the next BB season?

Couple that with the fact that said AD has had zero success in MBB and his best and only hire has been Ernie Kent.

You're on the wrong board. Gopherillustrated.com

There are kool-aid drinkers on the basketball forum? :eek:

Just what I thought. Nothing there.

Maybe a lot of zero’s will fix it? Or NU takes one those ‘dirty’ coaches? This is going to get interesting.

I agree, your irrational posts about Moos offer nothing.

Or maybe you just wait and see what happens instead of spewing your nonsense because poor little entitled guy didn't get his home game.

I like Smith a lot.

But firing Miles for, what a lot of people would see on the surface as hiring a Miles protege', does not quite make sense at this time. Maybe a few years down the road if he is available and has proven himself.

That's a valid point. Although what Smith has done at Utah St seems to have eclipsed what Miles did at CSU.

DONU will have and better have to open the checkbook. As any program would to get a great coach.

I have no idea on the Meechicken assistant, but I'd rather get someone who has HC experience. I can see the case for Smith - seems like a good coach. TJ would be last on this list for me - sure hes had success with the Wabbits, but he's also had one of the best players ever in the Summit during those years, while also facing a very down league... what's things look like next year when Daum isn't around? I'd take the Mayor in a heartbeat.

If Miles 7 years mirrored Ernie Kent’s time with Moos at Oregon, he wouldn’t be getting fired. From 2000-2007 he had 4 ncaa tournament appearances, two of which they got to the elite 8. Ernie May have stunk it up at WSU, but Moos has tasted more basketball success than Devaney, Osborne, and every other NU AD combined.

Your statement he’s had zero success demonstrates nothing more than your unwillingness to contribute to an honest discussion.

Seriously, what’s your deal? Is he behind on the rent for all the space he’s occupying in your head?

I have no idea on the Meechicken assistant, but I'd rather get someone who has HC experience. I can see the case for Smith - seems like a good coach. TJ would be last on this list for me - sure hes had success with the Wabbits, but he's also had one of the best players ever in the Summit during those years, while also facing a very down league... what's things look like next year when Daum isn't around? I'd take the Mayor in a heartbeat.
Two thumbs up on the Mayor!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back