• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice (3/4/19)

North Platte Saint patricks. No money to recruit. They barely keep the doors open.

Yeah, there are far more like that than there are the ones that are top tier in their priority activities. The same is true in public schools around here, too. You have the haves and the have-nots in both systems. While there are exceptions, most of it has to do with the social economic status of the community surrounding the schools. To be “recruitable” to a high school, parents have to have the means to move into the neighborhood (at least in the case of public high schools). For private schools, there is the transportation barrier. Rahmir Johnson is one of the rare exceptions- kid was commuting something like three hours each way to get to his private high school. Stayed with a coach during the week and saw his family on weekends. I’m guessing that would violate the rules in most public school systems.

Last edited:

I wish those tweets contained some actual info on day 1!

I'm not looking for secrets, but would just a little info really be all that bad?!

/rant

No media access so you will get little no information today

Yep.

Used to be Mullen and Regis were the two 'best' private schools for football. Valor is new since I left the area, but obviously has it's act together.

Valor is the new private school king on the block here in the the Denver Metro. The vast majority of pro athlete kids (whom are athletes) seem to find their way over there. They have really nice facilities and are working to get even better facilities. Approximately 19k a year is what it cost to attend there. Unless you have some help.

No media access so you will get little no information today
I realize that but I would still like something more than "Day 1 in the books".

It's the insane secrecy that I just don't understand. I get that Riley may have been too open, but I don't remember TO closing practices like this. Curious how other coaches do it. I'm sure Saban locks his up.

I realize that but I would still like something more than "Day 1 in the books".

It's the insane secrecy that I just don't understand. I get that Riley may have been too open, but I don't remember TO closing practices like this. Curious how other coaches do it. I'm sure Saban locks his up.

Even if TO had opened all practices to the media, we'd have to wait until the morning paper to read about it (or I suppose get lucky to catch it on the radio).

Patience, grasshopper. :Lol:

Valor is the new private school king on the block here in the the Denver Metro. The vast majority of pro athlete kids (whom are athletes) seem to find their way over there. They have really nice facilities and are working to get even better facilities. Approximately 19k a year is what it cost to attend there. Unless you have some help.

Wasn’t Logan the coach there when it first opened up?

North Platte Saint patricks. No money to recruit. They barely keep the doors open.
They need a new principal/AD/Coach or a priest that can lay a little guilt on people, because someone isn't doing something right.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back