• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

BumbleBee

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
Just saw that today. Pretty darn good little movie! Michael Bay was a producer on it, but that was about it.

The robots looked amazing, like they should have looked all along. The story was just as thin as any other Transformers movie, but the characters actually had depth, especially the main character, who was actually kind of dark.

Action was great and used appropriately, and you could tell which Transformers were involved. They weren't a mechanical mess of crap.

Tonally, it was interesting. It felt like a movie that you could bring little kids to, but the fight scenes were really violent.

It won't win any awards, but if you're sick of the first five Transformer movies, go see this one. It is quaint and cute, and pretty well done.

Just saw that today. Pretty darn good little movie! Michael Bay was a producer on it, but that was about it.

The robots looked amazing, like they should have looked all along. The story was just as thin as any other Transformers movie, but the characters actually had depth, especially the main character, who was actually kind of dark.

Action was great and used appropriately, and you could tell which Transformers were involved. They weren't a mechanical mess of crap.

Tonally, it was interesting. It felt like a movie that you could bring little kids to, but the fight scenes were really violent.

It won't win any awards, but if you're sick of the first five Transformer movies, go see this one. It is quaint and cute, and pretty well done.
I thought it was a reboot, but its actually a prequel, is that correct?

Just read a couple reviews, and their takes were similar to yours. This was the transformers movie we deserved, but it comes too late as the franchise has tanked and is shutting down. Maybe if this performs well at the box office, they'll change their mind and do another origin/prequel story.

The first TF movie was pretty cool, but the others were progressively worse. I havnt even seen 4 and 5, because I thought 3 was utterly ridiculous.

I loved the cartoon series, and the animated movie. I still have several of the comic books and action figures (aka "toys"). Grimlock is my favorite.

Glad to read that BB got transformers back to Its roots and paid homage to the 80s pretty well. I will try to see it this weekend if its still showing. I'm pretty sure I will like it.

Last edited:
Just read a couple reviews, and their takes were similar to yours. This was the transformers movie we deserved, but it comes too late as the franchise has tanked and is shutting down. Maybe if this performs well at the box office, they'll change their mind and do another origin/prequel story.

The first TF movie was pretty cool, but the others were progressively worse. I havnt even seen 4 and 5, because I thought 3 was utterly ridiculous.

I loved the cartoon series, and the animated movie. I still have several of the comic books and action figures (aka "toys"). Grimlock is my favorite.

Glad to read that BB got transformers back to Its roots and paid homage to the 80s pretty well. I will try to see it this weekend if its still showing. I'm pretty sure I will like it.
This was a Transformers movie done the right way. I can't say enough nice things about it. If there was one thing that left me "ugh", the Cybertron scenes were outstanding, but way too short for my liking. I wanted more of those!

This is a prequel, but I hope they keep going with this. They set it up perfectly to reboot the series.

This was a Transformers movie done the right way. I can't say enough nice things about it. If there was one thing that left me "ugh", the Cybertron scenes were outstanding, but way too short for my liking. I wanted more of those!

This is a prequel, but I hope they keep going with this. They set it up perfectly to reboot the series.
Most other reviewers said the same thing -- they wanted more backstory/development about the conflict on Cybertron.

I'd prefer a full reboot too. I didn't care much for the stories/plots in the Bay movies.

Most other reviewers said the same thing -- they wanted more backstory/development about the conflict on Cybertron.

I'd prefer a full reboot too. I didn't care much for the stories/plots in the Bay movies.
Yeah, the first Bay version set up the universe, so that was ok. The rest looked like a mess.

This was a nice, small story, and it has made it's money back (with the foreign box office), but hasn't cleared $100 mill domestic, which is too bad. This is a great movie.

I saw that it did really well on rotten tomatoes. Took my son to the first one not expecting much. Was very surprised at how good it was, then the sequels were mostly terrible.

May have to watch this one.

I saw that it did really well on rotten tomatoes. Took my son to the first one not expecting much. Was very surprised at how good it was, then the sequels were mostly terrible.

May have to watch this one.
This one was an actual movie, with characters and a story. It was not an excuse to splash up CGI violence.

This one was an actual movie, with characters and a story. It was not an excuse to splash up CGI violence.
Cool. I've heard a few others say the same. I was gonna pass on this one, because the last few really were awful. I may just go and see it now. I still wanna see "The Mule" too. Although I may have to wait until it comes out on disc.

Cool. I've heard a few others say the same. I was gonna pass on this one, because the last few really were awful. I may just go and see it now. I still wanna see "The Mule" too. Although I may have to wait until it comes out on disc.
Definitely check out BumbleBee. It is way better than any of the other ones. In fact, if this came out first, the other ones would have a much higher bar to meet.

This isn't a cinematic masterpiece or anything. Don't get me wrong. And the acting isn't Oscar-worthy. But the (limited) visuals are almost worth the price of admission. It shows that they can actually make the movie that legacy-Transformers fans deserve.

tumblr_inline_nvtuhw24hJ1t8kjpa_500.gif

nsmo5x6128o11.gif

Definitely check out BumbleBee. It is way better than any of the other ones. In fact, if this came out first, the other ones would have a much higher bar to meet.

This isn't a cinematic masterpiece or anything. Don't get me wrong. And the acting isn't Oscar-worthy. But the (limited) visuals are almost worth the price of admission. It shows that they can actually make the movie that legacy-Transformers fans deserve.
Just saw it today. Agree with everything you and others said. Loved the movie.

Took the wife to see it the other day, she loves the transformer movies and I go because she loves the transformer movies. It was a decent movie but I didn’t think it was better or worse than any of the rest.

“You could have been a camaro” when she has the most vintage corvette in her garage is kind of lame.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back