• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas Tech V NU 7:00 (Cst)

I wasn't feeling well last night, so I went to bed when the score was 1-0 TTU. :(

What a surprise to wake up and see we won 2-1. :Corn2:

It looks like Colby Gomes was throwing the heat in closing. :Mfclap: Way to go Colby. :Rockon:

Curious what we are going to do with Luensmann.

I agree. Chad had a rough outing against OSU and then had a solid game last night. I want to keep seeing the Chad of last night.

Sounds like he may not have been stretching out for starting like they want.

I hadn't heard that. Do you mean as in, 'before game stretching', or as in, 'a full stretch in his pitch'? Thanks ***

I agree. Chad had a rough outing against OSU and then had a solid game last night. I want to keep seeing the Chad of last night.

I hadn't heard that. Do you mean as in, 'before game stretching', or as in, 'a full stretch in his pitch'? Thanks ***
Stretching out isn’t actual stretching as I’m sure he’s doing everything he needs from there, it’s more about increasing his pitch count each weekend the first month and keeping the velocity up. For simplicity, just say he had a 50 max pitch limit first weekend, then 75, now 100. But if at pitch 50 his velocity is dropping form 90 to 85 mph, that’s not good for a starter if you are needing 100 pitches (especially your Friday starter to not get in the bullpen early).

Speculating on my part, but maybe it wasn’t going great just yet.

Stretching out isn’t actual stretching as I’m sure he’s doing everything he needs from there, it’s more about increasing his pitch count each weekend the first month and keeping the velocity up. For simplicity, just say he had a 50 max pitch limit first weekend, then 75, now 100. But if at pitch 50 his velocity is dropping form 90 to 85 mph, that’s not good for a starter if you are needing 100 pitches (especially your Friday starter to not get in the bullpen early).

Speculating on my part, but maybe it wasn’t going great just yet.

I see. I thought you might mean something else entirely but wasn't sure what. That makes sense. Thanks ***. :)

I don't see Luensman being a starter. He is what I call effectively wild. He will always have high pitch counts and walks but is usually able to get out of them. However he'd be hard pressed to go deep into games due to high pitch counts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back