• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DT Logan Jones from Iowa

With a new D-Line coach now in place, that would be a good justification or premise for trying to get into this race for Jones if he is indeed someone that the staff decides we want.

I’ll defer to you talent evaluators, but are we really getting upset over a guy the staff knows about, 10 months ahead of signing day, who may or may not pan out, or even be a fit on this team, who the staff has chosen not to offer yet (for whatever reason—but I bet they know why)?

I’ll reserve my angst for the guys we really want, but can’t get. If we decide we want him, offer too late, and this guy kills us someday, I’ll be right there with you. But that’s pure speculation, and quite a few steps ahead of this thread.

Are we sure he didn't get an offer from Nebraska or any other schools than the 5 listed? That list seems oddly small.

I hated the “Diaco scrap the recruiting board need height” thing when he came in. Absolutely hated it. But it may be a little different now that Frost and staff are only filling their board with tall DL guys.

I think this is the kind of guy getting away that normally would have got Riley and Pelini in trouble. I’ll wait to see who we get committed before I get too angry about it. But on the surface this looks not the greatest.

To me this is a "local" kid. Iowa, SD, Kansas, Colorado, Minny.... 500 miles should be considered local, not quite the same as in-state, but close. If we completely dominated the 500 mile radius we would be in very good shape as far as recruiting is concerned. You may not get them all, but you better make darn sure Coach Ferentz hears your footsteps. Keep him looking over his shoulder!

To me this is a "local" kid. Iowa, SD, Kansas, Colorado, Minny.... 500 miles should be considered local, not quite the same as in-state, but close. If we completely dominated the 500 mile radius we would be in very good shape as far as recruiting is concerned. You may not get them all, but you better make darn sure Coach Ferentz hears your footsteps. Keep him looking over his shoulder!
That’s fair. I am curious why a four star only has offers from in-state schools and Minnesota tho.

That’s fair. I am curious why a four star only has offers from in-state schools and Minnesota tho.
Maybe other schools like Wisconsin have similar concerns? Too early for all of us to get our panties twisted....not saying you are, just on general.

Maybe other schools like Wisconsin have similar concerns? Too early for all of us to get our panties twisted....not saying you are, just on general.
I think height is a real issue. But sometimes that means grades but I wouldn’t assume that as he still has 3 semesters to get it corrected. Just something to think about. I believe teams like Penn State had been to Lewis Central and he doesn’t have an offer from them either.

Now, I’m not saying we shouldn’t offer, I probably would but don’t get paid 5 million a year. But seems like there’s more at play than just us looking at a four star who wanted to come here we didn’t offer.

Just got the 4th star this week and moved up in 247’s rankings. He was offered by Iowa State and Minnesota after his Freshman season and by Iowa after his Sophmore year. He went to Junior day last year while still a Sophomore but didn’t get much attention.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back