• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* DT Logan Jones from Iowa

He seems small for a DT in a 3-4 system at 6'3" 255. By comparison, Nash Hutmacher is 6'5" 285 already. My guess is that played a part in not receiving an offer and I'm sure they feel like they're in a pretty good place with Nash already. I wouldn't rule out him getting an offer down the road especially given proximity but this may just be a case of not being the ideal fit.

He seems small for a DT in a 3-4 system at 6'3" 255. By comparison, Nash Hutmacher is 6'5" 285 already. My guess is that played a part in not receiving an offer and I'm sure they feel like they're in a pretty good place with Nash already. I wouldn't rule out him getting an offer down the road especially given proximity but this may just be a case of not being the ideal fit.
Even if they offer I think it will be to late. Logan still has room to grow and his weight room numbers are every bit as good as Nash’s. He’s a versatile player and lines up all over the line. Most of his sacks came when he lined up on the edge. His coaches said he was the hardest working kid on the team last year and that included Max Duggan who went to TCU. He’s also a multi sport guy who has a great chance of winning the discus at state this year.

Top 100 player according to 247, #6 DT and #1 player in Iowa for the class of 2020. This kid is 60 miles from campus and didn’t get an offer and I know he was interested. I wonder what he lacking in our staffs eyes to not warrant an offer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...lass-Kirk-Ferentz-Reese-Morgan-129538919/Amp/
For right or wrong, height is why no offer yet. Now we are waiting for our new DL coach to evaluate and hand an offer if he likes him. We have invited him to junior day tho.

Last edited:

We will always miss out, not recruit someone that will become all conference/american for another team. It is going to happen. Not much can be done but coach up the ones that are here and make the best of it.

Unlike the RB position, I don't recall us being in a position to turn away 4* DT talent; even if they are 2 inches shorter than the rock star Nash Hut...
Even if Nash Hut.... is a guaranteed commit lock, we still need to shore up this area of need.
Once the DT Transfer from Okie St does his time here then do we still feel comfortable at this position ?
I don't think so.
Maybe they felt that Logan was a Hawkeye lock, and he would simply have toyed with us.

For right or wrong, height is why no offer yet. Now we are waiting for our new DL coach to evaluate and hand an offer if he likes him. We have invited him to junior day tho.

I get the height thing, sorta. His body type is probably suited more towards playin the 3 tech in a 4-3 than nose in a 3-4 and they are thinking he is a little short ideally to play end in a 3-4. If he is a good player he is a good player. I really hate using the fact that he may be a couple inches too short to get an offer.

He could be a die hard Iowa fan also and NU may not have a shot at him anyway.

I get the height thing, sorta. His body type is probably suited more towards playin the 3 tech in a 4-3 than nose in a 3-4 and they are thinking he is a little short ideally to play end in a 3-4. If he is a good player he is a good player. I really hate using the fact that he may be a couple inches too short to get an offer.

he grew up a Husker fan

I hated the “Diaco scrap the recruiting board need height” thing when he came in. Absolutely hated it. But it may be a little different now that Frost and staff are only filling their board with tall DL guys.

I think this is the kind of guy getting away that normally would have got Riley and Pelini in trouble. I’ll wait to see who we get committed before I get too angry about it. But on the surface this looks not the greatest.

I hated the “Diaco scrap the recruiting board need height” thing when he came in. Absolutely hated it. But it may be a little different now that Frost and staff are only filling their board with tall DL guys.

I think this is the kind of guy getting away that normally would have got Riley and Pelini in trouble. I’ll wait to see who we get committed before I get too angry about it. But on the surface this looks not the greatest.
It’s just confusing to me he didn’t get an offer as seems to check off all the boxes of what this staff says they’re looking for in a kid. He excels at multiple sports, he works his butt off in the gym, in the classroom and doesn’t get in trouble.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back