• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

An ex Husker star with insight on next MB HC?

NE FREAK

'17 Camaro 2SS named NE FREAK
10 Year Member
Hope not...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190223-071559_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190223-071559_Facebook.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 214

No candidate will be perfect but for NU to get a coach who won an NBA title and fans to bitch about it is the day our family base has lost it

I’ll believe it when I see it. He wouldn’t be my first pick, but I would take him for sure.

There's a lot of unknowns with Lue. I'm not opposed to this move even though it wouldn't be my first preference. It just might work if he can recruit and build a good staff. What's the worst that could happen? Basketball ineptitude?

There's a lot of unknowns with Lue. I'm not opposed to this move even though it wouldn't be my first preference. It just might work if he can recruit and build a good staff. What's the worst that could happen? Basketball ineptitude?

That’s what I always say. We have nothing to lose. Cheat, pay players, who cares! What are they going to do, take our NIT championship banner away?

All a coach has to do is win one damn NCAA tourney game and he’d be a hero.

That’s what I always say. We have nothing to lose. Cheat, pay players, who cares! What are they going to do, take our NIT championship banner away?

All a coach has to do is win one damn NCAA tourney game and he’d be a hero.

I almost think you're serious. In fact, I DO think you're serious. :Rolf:

I love it. What have we got to lose? Bring in Bobby Knight, it's only been 30 some years since he threw the chair. :Rolf:

I’m interested to hear from folks why they think he would/wouldn’t be a good option.
No idea on how he would do. My reservations are him never being in college coaching, recruiting being a big deal he doesn’t know much about, and how much did he actually do or how much was Lebron?

My likes are he’s a name kids would recognize, was a well respected assistant in the NBA so I know he has the X’s and O’s, and he can help lock down Nebraska and KC.

We reached out to at least one other big name that was interested that i know of for sure. Makes me think we either chose Lue over the other guy or we at least tried with others.

Last edited:

I’m interested to hear from folks why they think he would/wouldn’t be a good option.
I’m not sure I’m for or against, but when your HC resume doesn’t include any seasons without Lebron and your winning % during that time basically mirrors Lebron’s career % I have questions about your ability sans Lebron. He was,from all accounts, a solid assistant though.

No idea on how he would do. My reservations are him never being in college coaching, recruiting being a big deal he doesn’t know much about, and how much did he actually do or how much was Lebron?

My likes are he’s a name kids would recognize, was a well respected assistant in the NBA so I know he has the X’s and O’s, and he can help lock down Nebraska and KC.

We reached out to at least one other big name that was interested that i know of for sure. Makes me think we either chose Lue over the other guy or we at least tried with others.

Gut feeling that other big name said thanks, but no thanks.

And I get the fact that Lue hasn’t been through the college grind of recruiting, but he was the target of being recruited, so it’s not completely foreign. The NBA has certain ‘recruiting’ aspects, as you have to create the right environment and opportunity for free agent pursuit. The other factor is he can always hire a coach specifically for creating the recruiting function. An ace can be the area the AD requires him to have a plan for.

I’m not sure I’m for or against, but when your HC resume doesn’t include any seasons without Lebron and your winning % during that time basically mirrors Lebron’s career % I have questions about your ability sans Lebron. He was,from all accounts, a solid assistant though.
I brought it up in a few other threads, but try and recall the type of player he was at Nebraska, as well as in the NBA. He hung around for a really long time in the league, and almost immediately transitioned into a staff position, so they saw him as having some traits that worked well in that role.

He’s not my first choice. He may not even be the second, but he’s in the top 5 or 6, and those are close to all being equal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back