• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #3: NU at UCR Update: Game 4 moved up to noon start due to possible rain

Drats! With the game time change I can't find it anywhere.

crying-and-sobbing.gif

That's a curious quote. I've not heard anything about Adidas bats before. Are you saying they did not have the pop that other leading brands do?
Rumor on another board that Erstad was forced to use Adidas bats, and finally midway thru last year told them he wasn't going to use them anymore (when injuries mounted and we needed any advantage we could). Not a single CWS team uses Adidas baseball bats. Further rumor with another person that I have no idea the validity, but Eichorst contractually made Erstad. Moos once it was voiced to him said "just quit using them."

Pretty cool actually.

Rumor on another board that Erstad was forced to use Adidas bats, and finally midway thru last year told them he wasn't going to use them anymore (when injuries mounted and we needed any advantage we could). Not a single CWS team uses Adidas baseball bats. Further rumor with another person that I have no idea the validity, but Eichorst contractually made Erstad. Moos once it was voiced to him said "just quit using them."

Pretty cool actually.

This is the 1st I've heard of this.

Out of curiosity, besides using aluminum or ash, what is the difference by whose brand is on it? Don't they all follow the same standards?

Pretty cool actually.
Wow that's nuts. In my eyes Adidas has been a great sponsor for the university but that sucks if their bats are sub standard. My family had a sporting good store for close to 30 years and we saw the evolution of the modern day bat. (Talking metal not wood) I've been out of the business for 15 years now but it still pisses me off when I think about all of the parents that felt they had to spend $200 - $350 on a bat for their 12-14 year old so he could keep up with everyone else.

This is the 1st I've heard of this.

Out of curiosity, besides using aluminum or ash, what is the difference by whose brand is on it? Don't they all follow the same standards?
Same standards in terms of weight and what they can use to make it, but there's so much variance other than that. My expertise isn't in college baseball bats, but I know that the weight can be distributed differently, some swings work better with other bats. Not to quote this to old man softball, but I hit a Synergy the best and some guys struggle with it.

Long story short, Mississippi State was an Adidas school that made it to the final 8 last year, and didn't use Adidas bats. Our problems went beyond the bats last year, but it didn't help. Hoping to score 18-20 runs against Oregon State in these next four games.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back