• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hamburgers

for what it's worth which isn't much i have never found a better burger than i make myself Most burgers are smothered with this or that, whiskey added, flavor this or flavor that. All bull crap in my opinion. I want a burger that i can taste the meat like a steak, fresh ground 80 to 85% and loosely packed, grilled at high heat on my grill griddle to get that perfect crust. only condiments are a bit of iceburg lettuce, a thin slice of red onion, a thin slice of cheese optional and a bit of mayo on a toasted bun. A loosed packed burger cooks quicker and retains the moisture. It is an art and God i love the art of grilling.
No salt, pepper, condiments?

No salt, pepper, condiments?

I omitted Lawry's seasoning salt, fresh ground pepper and garlic granules with a thin slice of tomato. I love bacon but again i prefer the taste of a great burger. the tomato has to be a good one preferably a beef steak and salt the sliced tomato 15 minutes or so before placing it on the burger to remove some of the moisture

Last edited:
I might have to give Culver's a try. Never had it. There is a location just a few miles from home, so maybe I'll hit it up this weekend.

I do love a good burger. And it really just depends on my mood which burger at which restaurant I will choose that day. Could be a chain. Could be a local joint. I'm not a picky person, and 90% of burgers I've had in my lifetime are quite good.

I might have to give Culver's a try. Never had it. There is a location just a few miles from home, so maybe I'll hit it up this weekend.

I do love a good burger. And it really just depends on my mood which burger at which restaurant I will choose that day. Could be a chain. Could be a local joint. I'm not a picky person, and 90% of burgers I've had in my lifetime are quite good.
I like Dan's :thumbsup:

Another little trick is to buy a few fresh Jalapenos and cheese of your choice. Diced them both and mix in the burger to make your patties.

You'd be surprised how a good bun can also make the burger. Kinda disappointed Runza went away from their sesame seed ones.

One of the reasons Culver's are really good. Nothing better than lightly buttering a bun and grilling/frying it.

With that being said, one of the better burgers I made was grilling the burger like Chicago Huskers described. He's exactly right, loose and 80-85% lean with a good char. While the burger was cooking, made 2 grilled cheese sandwiches on the stove top. Used those grilled cheese sandwiches as THE bun. Had one at a restaurant in Nashville that had potential but wanted to make my own...and it was to die for! (Both in the veins and taste!)

for what it's worth which isn't much i have never found a better burger than i make myself Most burgers are smothered with this or that, whiskey added, flavor this or flavor that. All bull crap in my opinion. I want a burger that i can taste the meat like a steak, fresh ground 80 to 85% and loosely packed, grilled at high heat on my grill griddle to get that perfect crust. only condiments are a bit of iceburg lettuce, a thin slice of red onion, a thin slice of cheese optional and a bit of mayo on a toasted bun. A loosed packed burger cooks quicker and retains the moisture. It is an art and God i love the art of grilling.
You'd be surprised how a good bun can also make the burger. Kinda disappointed Runza went away from their sesame seed ones.

One of the reasons Culver's are really good. Nothing better than lightly buttering a bun and grilling/frying it.

With that being said, one of the better burgers I made was grilling the burger like Chicago Huskers described. He's exactly right, loose and 80-85% lean with a good char. While the burger was cooking, made 2 grilled cheese sandwiches on the stove top. Used those grilled cheese sandwiches as THE bun. Had one at a restaurant in Nashville that had potential but wanted to make my own...and it was to die for! (Both in the veins and taste!)

In red - I'm with you. I'm kind of a purist when it comes to hamburgers.
In blue - Best bun out there (since Mom's homemade/homebaked) is Rotella's buns. Had a burger at a local place and had to ask about the bun. The best you can buy!:nod:

In red - I'm with you. I'm kind of a purist when it comes to hamburgers.
In blue - Best bun out there (since Mom's homemade/homebaked) is Rotella's buns. Had a burger at a local place and had to ask about the bun. The best you can buy!:nod:

if not using the entire grillgrate system at least consider one of these for making burgers on the grill. gives that great char crust.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...od-chain-among-families/ar-BBUEONN?ocid=ientp
Techonomic, which tracks consumer brands, in 2018 surveyed diners who eat out with a partner or kids about which fast food chains brought them the most overall satisfaction. And it turns out, they’re not leaning toward certain types of food but rather places that have menus that can meet every family member’s needs. In-N-Out Burger ranked highest in family satisfaction, with nearly 77 percent of those surveyed giving it a thumbs up—and that includes kids.

First off i must have paid 2 years last year as i should be toast by now that or i am kaput at the end of Feb. or will be an occasional lurker.
That said I have a Culver's very close to me and their burgers suck, french fries are horrible and i haven't found a thing on their menu that i like.

Burgers are fine, fries are good, but their cheese curds keep me coming back:Drool:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back