• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Kautz

Kautz went for 350 plus to finish the night. That is what the radio said anyway....4 TD's I think. Sort of reminds me of a guy named Sproles. That might be a bit of a stretch but he is definitely worth an offer IMHO. 10.4 100 meter time. Home run threat.

The criticism I hear about Kautz is that he has issues catching the ball. I’ve only seen one Catholic game on tv though, so I have no idea if that is true

I went to the Pierce-Chadron game and the guy I was sitting next to said he has watched Kautz okay and said if he gets around the side, no one will catch him. Said he is beyond fast....said his legs aren’t really that long but they are a blur. Said he must have some awesomely fast muscle twitch! (His words, not mine).

Kautz went for 350 plus to finish the night. That is what the radio said anyway....4 TD's I think. Sort of reminds me of a guy named Sproles. That might be a bit of a stretch but he is definitely worth an offer IMHO. 10.4 100 meter time. Home run threat.
Home run threat in Class C2 Nebraska, yes.

Last edited:
Last edited:

They are D1.... long story short, football scholarships are more than about track times. Reminds me a lot of when people wanted us to offer Kenzo Cotton due to track times.

I stand corrected, I tend to forget that some sports are categorized differently. I guess I had thought there was talk of track at some big conference type schools. Having said that, Vermillion is kind of a cool town and he'd probably be closer to home than in Lincoln. Lot of kids from that part of the state go to USD.

Did Kautz have a football scholarship offer from Minnesota at one time? Or was that just a preferred walk-on type of offer?

Looks like Kautz is heading to Vermillion to run track. I had heard there was some division one track interest, but who knows, nice school that is close to home.
http://norfolkdailynews.com/sports/...cle_298cd4a4-2f02-11e9-af91-c3af648e079d.html
@ShortSideOption beat me to it, but, yes, USD is a D-1 school now.
I stand corrected, I tend to forget that some sports are categorized differently. I guess I had thought there was talk of track at some big conference type schools. Having said that, Vermillion is kind of a cool town and he'd probably be closer to home than in Lincoln. Lot of kids from that part of the state go to USD.
I went to college there in the 90s, and there were a lot of students at that time from Nebraska, but that number has really jumped through the roof since then. They built a bridge across the Missouri right beside Vermillion in the late 90s, which saved some people a couple hours of driving if they lived straight south of Vermillion. Also, while South Dakota's tuition has risen over the past few decades, it hasn't risen nearly as much as Nebraska's. A recent student of mine is finishing up her undergrad at UNL this year, and I about had a coronary when I saw how much she was paying out of state. When I looked into it (this was four years ago), the in-state tuition for UNL was just slightly less than the out-of-state tuition for Nebraska kids to go to USD. If a Nebraska student lives closer to Vermillion than Lincoln, it's probably cheaper when you factor in housing, travel, parking, etc.

They are D1.... long story short, football scholarships are more than about track times. Reminds me a lot of when people wanted us to offer Kenzo Cotton due to track times.

Was anyone interested in offering him? I think most thought he'd make a nice walk-on pickup given that speed.

This is probably the best situation for him. He has the speed to do well in track and in their conference should be dominant (think his 100 was top 20 or so in the B10 right now), and if they let him play football they'll have more flexibility about finding a legit scholie for football for their level... so no decision point by us to play or not play him

Was anyone interested in offering him? I think most thought he'd make a nice walk-on pickup given that speed.

This is probably the best situation for him. He has the speed to do well in track and in their conference should be dominant (think his 100 was top 20 or so in the B10 right now), and if they let him play football they'll have more flexibility about finding a legit scholie for football for their level... so no decision point by us to play or not play him
I was speaking on the people thinking he could be the next Danny Woodhead and we should take him over Nance. So I would say yes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back