• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Mike Dawson to the Giants

Randall Joyner, SMU, Defensive Ends Coach (26): A high-energy coach who pupiled under defensive line mastermind Larry Johnson at Ohio State, where he was a graduate assistant. Joyner played linebacker at SMU from 2010-13 and departed the Buckeyes with glowing reviews.
If we're on the topic of SMU, what about their d-line coach, Brett Diersen?

Was an intern at Nebraska 2008-2010. Spent the 4 years prior to SMU as d-line coach at Northern Illinois. If I remember correctly, they were top 5 in tackles for loss, and yards per play in his last season.

If we're on the topic of SMU, what about their d-line coach, Brett Diersen?

Was an intern at Nebraska 2008-2010. Spent the 4 years prior to SMU as d-line coach at Northern Illinois. If I remember correctly, they were top 5 in tackles for loss, and yards per play in his last season.

Nice find

If you're going to dream big, why not dream REAL big: Larry Johnson. Remember when OSU stole Javontae Jean-Baptiste away from us during a blizzard? Johnson had a big hand in that. Do you know how a lot of us are still fuming about that? JJB doesn't even make Johnson's list of big-time recent recruits. Why not dream about getting the best recruiting D-line coach in all of college football, and arguably the best coach at developing talent?
https://247sports.com/Coach/Larry-Johnson-232/
Brilliant!

If you're going to dream big, why not dream REAL big: Larry Johnson. Remember when OSU stole Javontae Jean-Baptiste away from us during a blizzard? Johnson had a big hand in that. Do you know how a lot of us are still fuming about that? JJB doesn't even make Johnson's list of big-time recent recruits. Why not dream about getting the best recruiting D-line coach in all of college football, and arguably the best coach at developing talent?
https://247sports.com/Coach/Larry-Johnson-232/
He was screwed over big time by Penn State he should have had the head coaching job.

The BEST defensive line coach in college football is coaching in Columbus. Hopefully he’ll get some consideration.He also has a ton of recruiting ties to Pennsylvania, Ohio ( especially eastern Ohio) New York, Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey.

john blake. proven recruiter, 7 years younger than me, been at N before with no known violations.

My thought exactly - but how hard would it be for him to come back and not rehash the old way. Would rather get Jimmie Burrow. Steve Warren maybe? I want Parrella to be able to return, but this seems too soon.

Why do most Husker fans immediately start angling for a coach who is a former player? Severely limiting your options doing that. LOTS of viable candidates who aren't former Huskers.

The BEST defensive line coach in college football is coaching in Columbus. Hopefully he’ll get some consideration.He also has a ton of recruiting ties to Pennsylvania, Ohio ( especially eastern Ohio) New York, Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey.
He made 750,000 last season and has recruited 5 -5 star defensive linemen over the past three years.

If I had to guess, it'll be someone with ties to Frost's coaching tree -- so someone who was with Kelly or who was at Northern Iowa. We'll see, though. I'd like someone young and really deep experience with 3-4 DL play

On another board a poster brought up Jerry Montgomery, current DL coach of the Packers. He was on the Northern Iowa staff as the DL coach when Frost was DC and he also played at Iowa with Chinander.

I'm guessing that whoever the choice is, nearly everyone here will be thrilled. Put me down as thrilled with the pick right now!

Where's Rodrigo Barnes when you need him?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back