• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

No surprise Fields eligible to play at Ohio State

In today’s ultra PC world to deny him immediate eligibility would be risking a lawsuit. It’s a shame but this was so predictable even before he declared his intent to transfer.

So what made his transfer any different than Vedral's?
Vedral had a whole sale coaching change at his school, which IMO should be a legitimate reason to consider instant eligibility.

Fields got his feelings hurt by someone not even on the same sports team. This behavior could happen anywhere.

As already posted this wasn’t going to be rejected because of legal recourse. Nobody would touch this with a 10’ pole and risk litigation or being labeled a racist.

Vedral had a whole sale coaching change at his school, which IMO should be a legitimate reason to consider instant eligibility.

Fields got his feelings hurt by someone not even on the same sports team. This behavior could happen anywhere.

As already posted this wasn’t going to be rejected because of legal recourse. Nobody would touch this with a 10’ pole and risk litigation or being labeled a racist.
So now I suppose there is a perfect blueprint for instant elegability...

From a selfish NU standpoint, I was hoping Fields would have to sit this year so we could play against a "lesser" Ohio St. QB... ideally someone like Bauserman from their 2011 team.
Screw that. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. I want us to beat Bucky when they are frickin #1, and I hope that everyone can get back to that attitude soon.

We used to look forward to playing the top dogs, now we hope that the top dogs in our conference get into a slump so we can take advantage.

I hope we (Big 10) take as much talent away from the SEC as possible.

Last edited:

Screw that. If you want to be the best, you've got to beat the best. I want us to beat Bucky when they are frickin #1, and I hope that everyone can get back to that attitude soon.

We used to look forward to playing the top dogs, now we hope that the top dogs in our conference get into a slump so we can take advantage.

I hope we (Big 10) take as much talent away from the SEC as possible.

I get what you are saying, but it's been about 20 years since we won a conference title. At this point, I am taking a more Machiavellian approach... by any means necessary.

I get what you are saying, but it's been about 20 years since we won a conference title. At this point, I am taking a more Machiavellian approach... by any means necessary.
Lets remember OSU with a better team imo and home field just scraped by last season. I honestly believe Nebraska has at least 50-50 shot at beating them in Lincoln regardless of their QB.....

Let them bring it because we'll be 4-0 when they show up in Lincoln.......... :nod:

Lets remember OSU with a better team imo and home field just scraped by last season. I honestly believe Nebraska has at least 50-50 shot at beating them in Lincoln regardless of their QB.....

Let them bring it because we'll be 4-0 when they show up in Lincoln.......... :nod:
Unfortunately I sometimes put into perspective that OSU sometimes plays to their competition. I remember a certain time in 2016 where we were 7-1 with a OT loss in Wisconsin and we thought we had a chance with Ohio State. 62-3 later.....not really. :Biggrin: Luckily we have a different culture now.

Unfortunately I sometimes put into perspective that OSU sometimes plays to their competition. I remember a certain time in 2016 where we were 7-1 with a OT loss in Wisconsin and we thought we had a chance with Ohio State. 62-3 later.....not really. :Biggrin: Luckily we have a different culture now.
Then OSU had better plan on playing UP in Lincon this season........ :Biggrin:

So I'm a 5* who just got beat out by the new shiny kid on the roster. I arrange a few hecklers to make a scene and pooof....I'm eligible to transfer to my next dream school. Its predictable given the PC hypocrisy and the NCAA impotence.

Machiavelli never said that, but Malcolm X did.

And FTR, yes, I teach social studies classes, and in answer to your follow up question of "Who cares?" I do. I care. ;-)

It is not a direct Machiavelli quote, but rather a phrase that summarizes his philosophy or M.O.

In my mind, "By any means necessary" is another way of saying "Let the end justify the means".

It is not a direct Machiavelli quote, but rather a phrase that summarizes his philosophy or M.O.

In my mind, "By any means necessary" is another way of saying "Let the end justify the means".
Yeah, but ... Machiavelli didn't say that either. You need to re-read your copy of The Prince, and we can have a retest on Monday.
source.gif

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back