• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Without a doubt the WORST SEAL, and BB Advisor you have ever seen....

Jack Riggins

Stay Calm, and Carry On Husker Nation
Good Day! Go Big Red, Beat Purdue. Oh what a day for Husker Nation. I am a "newbie" here, so who knows how long it will last but I will say I have enjoyed HuskerMax over the years while on Active Duty in the Navy. It was always fun to read the various posts and articles on all things Big Red. I would stay away while on Active Duty since they say it isn't professional to be opinionated. Well, maybe that was just on religion and politics, but I took it seriously. Occasionally I would see my name as it is TRUE, I have worked with Husker Athletics as a volunteer since 2009. Bo's FB, which led to John Cook VB, which led to Women's Gym, which led with regard to NU to Tim Miles and MBB this year...(For awhile). I have seen 3 AD's in my time, have had wonderful opportunities to help Student/Athletes and Coaches on and off the field (Which is my passion) and have always viewed the invite to help as a way of paying DONU back for what it did for me. I did all of this volunteer while being on AD in the Navy and I realize it is rare. So YES, I have had access that most don't get to various programs. NU is not the only athletic group I help, all tho it is the highest profile. I am sucker for the platform to help inside sports at all levels, because I believe it a great teacher and just a extension of the education process of our young people. As you know, the odds clearly show few will make money beyond college playing a sport so I work hard to help prepare them for integration into our communities and believe if you do that it will also help on the field performance. So yeah, it is similar to what the institutions and coaches do, I just have a background that is rare and unique so that gives me a different set of eyes and perspective coaches, administrators and fans may not have. I am sure many of you are VETS, so thank you for your service! Anyway, I have always been asked by various coaches and if I could help I did. Coaches don't ask you to come back, unless your provide VALUE and I guess I am lucky in that at times I have provided VALUE. The only thing that has ever kept that dynamic from occurring is AD Policies. (Questions: Fire Away)

So Tim Miles is the latest at NU in the line of volunteer support and as I was formally introduced to his staff: "So let me get this straight, everyone you have worked with here has been fired". Yup, we'll John Cook hasn't been fired yet....So, yeah I will do anything I can to help. But, as we can all see it is rough. I have said via Twitter I was removed from supporting MBB by Moos "It is my policy of no outside support". Which isn't spilt milk it is a FACT. This on again off again "Policy" started with SE so I am familiar with this dynamic at NU. The question WE as fans should be asking is "If our coaches want to use people, and it is legal and cost effective, shouldn't they?" Tim is just the latest caught in this dynamic.

I have full confidence in SF, and JC from what I see in case you were wondering.

I have real concerns about the AD (Department, as it is bigger than Moos). I was vocal about SE and MR, not because of my relationship with Bo or John Cook, but rather what I witnessed and saw. I was right.

Unfortunately, I was on Active Duty so I didn't want to chirp to hard about it, but did on Twitter a bit. I am retired now (So I am a Free Man) and have no problem opening up cause it can round out the optics that are floating around Husker Nation, cause I was raised here, I choose to bring my family here, and I am a Husker like all of you.

In a quick word search since joining I see some of you are curious over the years....YES, I helped Jeff Jamrog at Midland because he needed it, it is my hometown, and kids need good people guiding them on and off the field. I go where I am wanted if it makes sense in my own family life. I am not a COACH, all tho I can, but I have ZERO desire to be a professional coach in the NAIA or any other level. I am at this point in my life a former sailor, and a leadership and culture dynamic consultant for business and sports teams.

As the title states, I may have been the WORST SEAL and Sports Advisor you have ever seen, but you probably have heard of me. I am here, GO BIG RED and I look forward to participating. Hit me up for NU or SEAL or Special Operations, I am very happy to provide my insight and thoughts.

As the title states, I may have been the WORST SEAL and Sports Advisor you have ever seen, but you probably have heard of me. I am here, GO BIG RED and I look forward to participating. Hit me up for NU or SEAL or Special Operations, I am very happy to provide my insight and thoughts.

Welcome aboard. Tough times ahead for NU MBB, but that's what the past has had as well. I don't think anyone doesn't like Coach Miles, just not big fans of the results right now. Thanks for your service!

Go Big Red!
Beat Purdue!

Welcome aboard. Tough times ahead for NU MBB, but that's what the past has had as well. I don't think anyone doesn't like Coach Miles, just not big fans of the results right now. Thanks for your service!

Go Big Red!
Beat Purdue!

Results are hard to take, no doubt.

I looked and found a lot. I just had never heard of him before I looked. That's all.

Wasn't trying to be egotistical, I just know there have been things written and posted over there years on my efforts. Ultimately I was opening with a line from my favorite "Captain":
1f8ebd8839ad0bc91be642b731b2e28d.jpg

Any hooooo......Heave Ho and now you know! Go Big Red.

Last edited:

Wasn't trying to be egotistical, I just know there have been things written and posted over there years on my efforts. Ultimately I was opening with a line from my favorite "Captain":
View attachment 20577

Any hooooo......Heavy Ho and now you know! Go Big Red.
Yeah, I've heard of you. In fact, the last time I "heard of you", I was banker getting a stroke on 18 at Firethorn, you, Mark, and Spence all doubled me, and I topped a drive into the pond and ended up losing a bunch of money!:Lol::Bananalazy:

Seriously though, one thing playing a little bit of golf with Riggins has taught me is; a 8 foot putt with $40 on the line isn't much pressure to a Navy Seal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back