• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What if.....

OK
I will play along. With what we have seen the last month where are the six wins.

02/06 Maryland
02/09 @Purdue
02/13 Minnesota
02/16 Northwestern
02/19 @Penn State
02/23 Purdue
02/28 @Michigan
03/05 @Michigan State
03/10 Iowa

I see two as a possibility. Not a win but a possibility. That would be Northwestern at Home at @ Penn St.

Get those and we need four more from currently ranked #24 Maryland, #15 Purdue (twice) #7 Mic, #9 Mich St, and #20 Iowa.

I had looked at the schedule on Sunday before this post. I was looking for six wins too. They aren't there. IF they got hot somehow I could see Minnesota at home and possibilty even Iowa at home if there was still something on the line by then. I would think Northwestern and Penn State could be wins. So four would be very impressive at this point. Six, no way.

I don't think this happens either, BUT if there is a team to do it, it is this one: If Watson got hot, he can score 20 a night for 10 games. Palmer starts hitting layups, he's also good for 20. The other starters combine for 30, plus finally some bench productions (which these guys have been capable of before), and you have a team that can win half of those games, maybe better. Also, monkeys could fly out of my butt. BUT THERE'S A CHANCE.

I don't think this happens either, BUT if there is a team to do it, it is this one: If Watson got hot, he can score 20 a night for 10 games. Palmer starts hitting layups, he's also good for 20. The other starters combine for 30, plus finally some bench productions (which these guys have been capable of before), and you have a team that can win half of those games, maybe better. Also, monkeys could fly out of my butt. BUT THERE'S A CHANCE.
I'll take the monkeys for $500, Alex. ;)

More likely Nebrasketball scenario. Lose a lot. Run the table in the BIG tourney with help of other upsets. Make the dance. Have a 12 seed/play in game.

Win or lose that game in the tourney, Miles is done.

Miles is done. He has twice had most of his star power return from a good team only to crash and burn. My guess is Moos started reviewing the list of candidates in his desk drawer about the time we lost to Texas Tech.

9 games to go in conference play.

What if NU was able to right the ship and go 6-3 (finish 9-11 in conference)

Win a game in conference tourney and make the Dance.

Then, biggest miracle of all, WIN their first round game!!

Thoughts on Miles status at that point??
Worse than PowerBall Jackpot winner.

I don't think the emphasis in retaining Miles should be based on "making a run" and getting into the tournament. The evaluation should be on what we have done to this point and it has been a pathetic under performance. This seems to be a typical Miles team trait that quite frankly after 7 years you just can't sense will disappear.

I don't think the emphasis in retaining Miles should be based on "making a run" and getting into the tournament. The evaluation should be on what we have done to this point and it has been a pathetic under performance. This seems to be a typical Miles team trait that quite frankly after 7 years you just can't sense will disappear.

I think you are probably right. Moos' decision is going to made on the long term viability of the program and whether Miles is the guy to turn the program around. I obviously don't have any insight into how Moos sees the program, but I would be surprised if he thinks that it is moving in the right direction given that we are in year 7. Given what I have seen so far, I can't imagine that Moos will have to weigh an end of the season turnaround into the calculus.

As big a factor as any in the Miles stays or goes (he is gone) formula is that for a 6PM start at home on a week night the area was 1/2 full last night. I get that the weather was not great but that is not what kept the majority of the people away.

As big a factor as any in the Miles stays or goes (he is gone) formula is that for a 6PM start at home on a week night the area was 1/2 full last night. I get that the weather was not great but that is not what kept the majority of the people away.
this. i'm as big and perhaps informed (i'd like to think so, at least) NU basketball fan as there is, and for the past 5 games i haven't watched a single game. i'm in my Miles Era Mid Season, watch if they win, mode. I record the game and i'll go back and watch it if they win. I've just seen this saga play out too many times already. good bball is easy to spot. wins may not always be the result, but if you're doing hte right things, the right way, and building a culture, the wins will come. Its the reason why we went from Riley to Frost. for hte most part, bad football is much easier to spot, and obviously more glaring, because of the spotlight on it. Miles has been skating by, but time is no longer on his side.

poor body language on the court has been happening for years. Terran P dressing people down for turnovers, shrugging shoulders, pushing refs during the game, cursing at teammates, poor efforts, 1 guy green light step back jack, while everyone watches, games with no assists, getting 15-0 runs put on us with no TO called, coaches leaving every year, Miles using the media to call out players/team effort/ twitter stunts, locking players out of lockerrooms, solid contributors transferring at season end.....folks this stuff has been going on for YEARS. this isn't an I TOLD YOU SO....the point is that fans no longer showing up for games is probably the only item in this laundry list of ridiculousness that will be his undoing.

this. i'm as big and perhaps informed (i'd like to think so, at least) NU basketball fan as there is, and for the past 5 games i haven't watched a single game. i'm in my Miles Era Mid Season, watch if they win, mode. I record the game and i'll go back and watch it if they win. I've just seen this saga play out too many times already. good bball is easy to spot. wins may not always be the result, but if you're doing hte right things, the right way, and building a culture, the wins will come. Its the reason why we went from Riley to Frost. for hte most part, bad football is much easier to spot, and obviously more glaring, because of the spotlight on it. Miles has been skating by, but time is no longer on his side.

poor body language on the court has been happening for years. Terran P dressing people down for turnovers, shrugging shoulders, pushing refs during the game, cursing at teammates, poor efforts, 1 guy green light step back jack, while everyone watches, games with no assists, getting 15-0 runs put on us with no TO called, coaches leaving every year, Miles using the media to call out players/team effort/ twitter stunts, locking players out of lockerrooms, solid contributors transferring at season end.....folks this stuff has been going on for YEARS. this isn't an I TOLD YOU SO....the point is that fans no longer showing up for games is probably the only item in this laundry list of ridiculousness that will be his undoing.

Based on the attendance (actual) on Wed night the group I was talking with after the game that were there dubbed it the Barry Collier Tribute game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back