• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Class of 2018, who steps up?

What's the status/outlook for Daishon Neal?

Haven't heard much about him at all?

need dixon and honas to step up, as well as a few at DB positions, I think our DL will be improved, due to the daniels transfer and the 2nd yr in the system.

I'm going to pick Dominik Watt to step up - - in 2020. it was a gut-punch to lose him from this class. Its not easy to get your targets back from JUCO, but i'm crossing my fingers with this one. he's got the big-body that we need at WR and missed out on with Njoku, 1 good thing about having him at Garden City is that he will come in here knowing how to run block

I can't predict who will step up but I'll be interested to see how much weight Washington and Martinez can add without losing any speed.

What's the status/outlook for Daishon Neal?

Haven't heard much about him at all?
He has been dealing with a knee injury since his Senior year (where he miraculously was bumped up in the recruiting rankings since he opened things back up to other schools). I'm hoping he is healthy. He will probably see where things shake out after the spring. The good news for him is that he is a senior, so he won't be asked to find other places to play. He shows flashes then gets a major set back. We are deep on the DL, so it will be tough sledding.

I want to see McQuitty get it all together this fall. Also would like to see everyone named Cam do well.

I'm very excited about our safeties but we will see as injuries can have tricky lingering effects but both have a ton of promise!

I'm going to throw out a couple of dark horses and one who I don't think is going to factor in next year...
I'm really intrigued by Alston and Rogers. I love Alston's size which seems the most proto-typical for OLB, and I think that Roger's lacrosse experience (speed, balance, hand/eye coordination), when coupled with a year+ in the weightroom, could help him become a factor. It's Jurgens who I don't think will be a factor. I think that his injuries the last two years coupled with the amount of weight/strength he needs to gain to play the position, and his inexperience at the position are too much to surmount in 8 months. I think it's 2020 for him.

Tannor is who i'm looking for. If Jurgens can solidify the center position after two straight years of injury, putting on that much weight, and learning a new position, I will be pleasantly shocked.

I agree, Tannor all day long. It could be the difference between having an adequate pass rush or struggling. I think of Manning’s Colts years back, their Super Bowl team I believe. Powerful, quick-striking offense that gets up 2 scores and just unleashes pass rushers while the opposing team starts throwing it around the yard in order to keep pace, putting themselves in bad positions. That’s where I think we are heading but we have to hit and develop those types of pass rushers.

I have to assume a safety will step up out of that group. I hope so anyway. Good thread.

The "step up" needs to be at the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball. The "flash and dash" guys are irrelevant, unless there is significant improvement at all line positions.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back