• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker opts for Kansas.

:Lol: obviously the dude wasn't concerned about winning conference championships or probably winning football imo. That's his choice but lets revisit where he and KU is versus Nebraska in a couple of years! I think it was a terrible decision simply because it's KU............ but it's certainly his to make! :confused:

I get where you are coming from and agree our program will be on the rise while KU will be in question. However, I can't begrudge a kid for his school decision. I know he had a coaching relationship that played into the decision. Potentially starting early could also be a factor if he wants to eventually play in the NFL. Only time will tell if he made the best decision for himself. I still think our program will be in a better place by the time he's an upper classman.

I get where you are coming from and agree our program will be on the rise while KU will be in question. However, I can't begrudge a kid for his school decision. I know he had a coaching relationship that played into the decision. Potentially starting early could also be a factor if he wants to eventually play in the NFL. Only time will tell if he made the best decision for himself. I still think our program will be in a better place by the time he's an upper classman.

Our program will be in a better place before he steps foot on campus :Corn2:

As I stated it's certainly his choice to make but believe he made a very poor choice! As tough as the past 20 years has been for Nebraska football it's still light years ahead of KU imo.

Just saw TWO former Huskers playing in the super bowl? Didn't notice any KU players on either teams roster. There are currently 26 former Huskers on NFL rosters while KU has 6!!

Enough said.......

Last edited:
As I stated it's certainly his choice to make but believe he made a very poor choice! As tough as the past 20 years has been for Nebraska football it's still light years ahead of KU imo.

Just saw TWO former Huskers playing in the super bowl? Didn't notice any KU players on either teams roster. There are currently 26 former Huskers on NFL rosters while KU has 6!!

Enough said.......

I'm not arguing the gap between KU and NU. And I'm not convinced Miles wil be terribly successful at KU. It's a long, long way from the resources he had at LSU. I have a hard time seeing him significantly closing the gap with the top of the Big 12.

Having said that, this is a relationship decision. Parker was willing to follow his HS coach to Lubbock and, when the coach moved to Kansas, he was willing to follow him to Lawrence. That relationship even trumped the fact his grandma lives in Lubbock. In retrospect, the only way to land Parker was likely to hire his HS coach.

For the record, Aqib Talib is a former Jayhawk who played in the latest Super Bowl.

I'm not arguing the gap between KU and NU. And I'm not convinced Miles wil be terribly successful at KU. It's a long, long way from the resources he had at LSU. I have a hard time seeing him significantly closing the gap with the top of the Big 12.

Having said that, this is a relationship decision. Parker was willing to follow his HS coach to Lubbock and, when the coach moved to Kansas, he was willing to follow him to Lawrence. That relationship even trumped the fact his grandma lives in Lubbock. In retrospect, the only way to land Parker was likely to hire his HS coach.

For the record, Aqib Talib is a former Jayhawk who played in the latest Super Bowl.
Thanks... missed Talib one of the SIX former KU players on NFL rosters! I'll say it again in that it's certainly any kids choice to play where they want to play for whatever reasons.

Just saying I believe KU is poor choice especially compared to many other football programs including Nebraska....

If you are good enough to play in NFL, they will find you no matter where you play.
Perhaps good coaching will help develop your talent. I seem to remember Suh saying he would have been out of Nebraska had the first coaching staff not been replaced. I think excellent coaching makes a HUGE difference? Remember the Pipe Line? Many of those players were coached up to become GREAT linemen imo. So Kansas? I'm sorry but... :eek:

Perhaps good coaching will help develop your talent. I seem to remember Suh saying he would have been out of Nebraska had the first coaching staff not been replaced. I think excellent coaching makes a HUGE difference? Remember the Pipe Line? Many of those players were coached up to become GREAT linemen imo. So Kansas? I'm sorry but... :eek:
Suh and the offensive linemen from pipeline days would have made it to NFL no matter where they played. Albeit they maybe get drafted higher coming from major program. With the combine and Pro days these kids get their exposure

Suh and the offensive linemen from pipeline days would have made it to NFL no matter where they played. Albeit they maybe get drafted higher coming from major program. With the combine and Pro days these kids get their exposure
Exposure I agree but good/great coaching pehaps not so much. I just don't think it was an accident or luck Nebraska churned out so many great offensive linemen? Certainly a lot of it was GREAT coaching at Nebraska along with proper development. KU is towards the bottom of the barrel imo but it's Parkers decision. I simply think it was a poor choice all things considered. Time will tell as who knows he could be a total failure at the next level........

Not sure why we have to bash him. He made the choice of where he wanted to go to school and frankly Nebraska coming off back to back 4-8 seasons does not have a lot to crow about

I think its time to move on and leave this kid alone

RR

Last edited:

Why does the decision of one kid seem to become a referendum on the state of the program for a few of you? If we “lost” this guy in Oct, no one would remember his name.

Stress out about 4-8 (x2) if you want, but a kid following his coach to another school doesn’t move the needle for me. This recruiting class is not perfect, but it’s pretty darn good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back