• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

Mike Matya of Huskers Online posted around 9:30 last night that he received a DM from Parker that said he will announce Monday and choose between Texas Tech, Kansas and Nebraska.

The young man has been real quiet about if he is leaning one way or the other. FWIW, 247 Sports has 2 crystal ball picks for KU and 1 for TT. All of those were predictions made last December. The most recent crystal ball pick from Steve Wiltfong is from January 18 and is for NU.

I have a funny feeling that he chooses to stay closer to home and go with Texas Tech. But that funny feeling may have something o do with the Irish Whiskey I had at the Super Bowl party last night.

Bottom line is nobody knows for sure.

Mike Matya of Huskers Online posted around 9:30 last night that he received a DM from Parker that said he will announce Monday and choose between Texas Tech, Kansas and Nebraska.

The young man has been real quiet about if he is leaning one way or the other. FWIW, 247 Sports has 2 crystal ball picks for KU and 1 for TT. All of those were predictions made last December. The most recent crystal ball pick from Steve Wiltfong is from January 18 and is for NU.

I have a funny feeling that he chooses to stay closer to home and go with Texas Tech. But that funny feeling may have something o do with the Irish Whiskey I had at the Super Bowl party last night.

I think you are constipated because that is not a funny feeling that would be a crappy feeling.

I don't think anyone other than he or his family know where he is going. He rarely gives interviews, gives nothing away on Twitter and keeps it extremely close to the best.

He was a TT commit for almost 18 months when he decomittec due to the staff being fired. Since then he has made a few visits and as I said kept everything for the most part very close to the best.

Nothing honestly will surprise me how this ends up because I think their are few clues where he is leaning

Reiterated what he said before his weekend visit in that he hopes to announce his college choice today

No set time as to when he will announce if he indeed does

I don't think anyone other than he or his family know where he is going. He rarely gives interviews, gives nothing away on Twitter and keeps it extremely close to the best.

He was a TT commit for almost 18 months when he decomittec due to the staff being fired. Since then he has made a few visits and as I said kept everything for the most part very close to the best.

Nothing honestly will surprise me how this ends up because I think their are few clues where he is leaning
If he wants to keep "very close to the best" then he must be N because that's where we're headed!

If he wants to keep "very close to the best" then he must be N because that's where we're headed!

I am not sure anyone knows what he is thinking or wants.

Has family in Lubbock (Grandma) that is important to him from the few accounts I have seen. Could be a big player in the end.

We will know soon

Last edited:

The fact that he is hoping to make the decision today tells me there is a lot of conflict. I actually feel for him as there seems to be a lot of forces st play here
Hopefully the draw of home, versus playing for the best works out for N like it did for WR...

Last edited:
“I’m just looking for a good place to start my college career and be around good coaches,” he said. “One of the most important things is playing right away.”

His comments at Kansas' Rivals site. The bold may play a huge role.

https://kansas.rivals.com/news/jayhawks-get-visit-from-steven-parker-the-dpoy-in-texas
Assume we are out despite needing depth there, as places like Kansas and Tech have no problem telling a four star he won’t be redshirting.

Between Gramdma and wanting to play right away, it doesn't look like he is trending our way. But who knows?

I was fortunate to have grown up with all of my grandparents, and it would have been difficult to leave family behind. On the other hand, my grandparents told me to go and do what was in my long term best interests because I would still be around when they were long gone and they preferred me to have no regrets 50 years down the road. We will see what happens with a teenage mind.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back