• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WBB Game #22, (L, 82-78), Sun, 2/3, vs Indiana, (16-6) (5-4) @ PBA, 2:00pm CT, BTN Plus

I continue to be perplexed that our young team does really well, but it seems to be Whitish who can't come up with the big play down the stretch. She was HUGE against Purdue, so how to solve the inconsistency?

Final Stats:

upload_2019-2-3_13-59-45.png

Last edited:
I continue to be perplexed that our young team does really well, but it seems to be Whitish who can't come up with the big play down the stretch. She was HUGE against Purdue, so how to solve the inconsistency?

On second thought, she did hit the big three on the prior possession....

It's not just that. We have any number of players that can make the big three, Kissinger, Maddie, etc, etc. If we had more consistency (4-23; 18.2%) we wouldn't be in that position of being behind the 8-ball having to make a game tying (or winning) trey. And all the missed FT's :Redface:. Indiana's offense is better (more consistent) in the paint). They drive to the basket (make it) and get a Plus One. So many times on our drives we Don't make the basket and (if there's a foul) Might make the FTs.

Looking at the stats, shooting %s and all, the perplexing thing to me is how we can even still be in the game with a chance of winning at the end. It Must be the team's characteristic GRIT; NO QUIT attitude.

Last edited:

It's not just that. We have any number of players that can make the big three, Kissinger, Maddie, etc, etc. If we had more consistency (4-23; 18.2%) we wouldn't be in that position of being behind the 8-ball having to make a game tying (or winning) trey. And all the missed FT's :Redface:. Indiana's offense is better (more consistent) in the paint). They drive to the basket (make it) and get a Plus One. So many times on our drives we Don't make the basket and (if there's a foul) Might make the FTs.

Looking at the stats, shooting %s and all, the perplexing thing to me is how we can even still be in the game with a chance of winning at the end. It Must be the team's characteristic GRIT; NO QUIT attitude.

3-Point FGs:
On the season, they are 160-470 for 34%. They hit 4-22 for 18.2%. :( 2-4 (their average) more last night would have given them the win. (7-22=32%, 8-22=36%)

Free throws:
On the season, they are 301-422 for 71%. They hit 20-29 for 69%, so they were off their average only by 1 made free throw. I think they're good enough that they should have made 3-4 more, though. :nod:

2-Point FG's:
On the season, they are 419--887 for 47%. They hit 23-39 for 59%, well above their average. :Mfclap:

It's the 3's that hurt them last night. :mad:

GRIT; NO QUIT is right. Those darn 3's just wouldn't drop last night. I don't know how many times they said on the radio, "It rolled around the rim and came out" or comments to that extent. These ladies are bustin' their butts and just aren't having the good things happen. I hope it changes soon.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back