• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2020 QB Commit Logan Smothers advances to state finals in 60 meter dash

He'll probably improve his time in his final year as well. He'll be one of the fastest quarterbacks in CFB easily.

60 meters isn't run that often by high schoolers, so it is kind of hard to get a feel for how fast that is. So to try and convert this to 100 meters, here is a very imperfect method of conversion.
http://speedendurance.com/2008/01/23/track-conversions-for-50m-60m-200m-300m-400m/

So, using that formula, if we multiply 7.25 times 1.53, we get 11.09 for 100 meters.

Logan's PR in the 100m is 11.01

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=11399293

Looking at these times realy makes me feel old. Well, actually I am old. But if I weren't these times would make fme feel like that.

He’s fast for sure but what impresses everyone who’s seen his highlights is is poise in the pocket and the accuracy he has throwing the football. He’s going to really flourish in Frost’s offense.

I think we'll find a place for him on the team that isn't at QB, but that's just a guess by me.

Clocks In at the 4.4-4.5 range from the online conversions I read...we literally might have a top 25 ncaa track team on the football field

Is it just me or is the speed we’re recruting at an elite level, much more than anything we’ve recruited In the past ...or am I just drinking koolaid?
There is no way that converts like that. And 7.25 isnt a very good time in college. That would be one if the slower times in a normal D2 meet.

I ran with Don Beebe in college, and he was 6.7-6.8 range, then a 4.21 40

There is no way that converts like that. And 7.25 isnt a very good time in college. That would be one if the slower times in a normal D2 meet.

He was the fastest in the NFL in his time. I still remember him stripping the fumble away from Leon Lett on his way for a TD. That was awesome. His brother Dan was my instructor when I was at Chadron State and went to the super bowl. Our class was badminton/archery haha.

He’s fast for sure but what impresses everyone who’s seen his highlights is is poise in the pocket and the accuracy he has throwing the football. He’s going to really flourish in Frost’s offense.
Respectfully, I'm not exactly sure accuracy is his forte at the moment. Now if you had talked about his pedigree and athleticism, I can get on board with that. I do agree he will flourish in Frost's system, but this kid needs a lot of coaching up.

:Whistling:

https://fansided.com/2015/02/18/15-fastest-40-times-nfl-history/

Prior to the 1999 combine, 40 times were clocked by a human-operated stop watch, as opposed to the electronic system in place now. As a result, many of those pre-1999 times have been scrutinized and doubted.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back