• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 Junior Day (2/2/19) Thread

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Here we go with Junior Day about to start in Lincoln. The 2020 class is expected to be perhaps the best the Huskers have ever recruited. Just a loaded year for prospects especially in the 500 mile radius. Also some 2021 and 2022 recruits in attendance

@ShortSideOption; @N2FL; @Red Reign

Who are the remaining Nebraska HS recruits that are likely to be offered scholarships? Issac Gifford? Miko Maessner? Is Jeyvon Ducker likely to receive a scholarship offer? I see that Purdue has already offered him.

Currently: Zavier Betts, Xavier Watts, Teddy Prochazka (2021)

Last edited:
Thanks @Red Reign for opening another informative thread!!

Sure sounds like this 2020 class could be dominated by recruits in the 500 mile radius.

Any thoughts from the experts on what the target recruiting budget will be for next year ... assuming, staff wants to be +20?

I don't necessarily expect it to happen, but it would be great to get a few 2020 commits coming out of this weekend. If not this weekend, then hopefully the week of the Spring Game will bring some additions to the class.

I don't necessarily expect it to happen, but it would be great to get a few 2020 commits coming out of this weekend. If not this weekend, then hopefully the week of the Spring Game will bring some additions to the class.

Corcoran I think will jump onboard early as he has visited Lincoln so many times he almost lives their. One of the elite OL in the 2020 class. Not sure he will jump this weekend though. Top 50 overall prospect that is how good he is.

Beyond that I do not see anyone else

Need to get the in-state guys onboard quickly although Watts may explore all his options and highly doubtful he jumps in early

Sure sounds like this 2020 class could be dominated by recruits in the 500 mile radius.

Any thoughts from the experts on what the target recruiting budget will be for next year ... assuming, staff wants to be +20?

I honestly have no clue at this point in time

As I’ve said before, we wouldn’t be able to get to 85. Little bit of a lackluster finish considering we needed an OLB and CB that we didn’t get, but the rest of the class is real solid.

Won’t need to count anything back to 2019 class. We will get to 25 for 2020. We will be ushering out non-contributors from now on, and we will see some departures after spring.

I honestly have no clue at this point in time

Quite alright @Red Reign, I think *** answered the mail for me in another thread that we'll be looking at a full class again. Considering all the 2020 quality prospects Huskers are pursuing, that is a good thing!

Who are the remaining Nebraska HS recruits that are likely to be offered scholarships? Issac Gifford? Miko Maessner? Is Jeyvon Ducker likely to receive a scholarship offer? I see that Purdue has already offered him.

All 3 of those you listed are guys to keep an eye on, Gifford is blowing up a little bit so he should be getting an offer in the next couple months.

Herbolsheimer from Millard South is a lineman to watch, I think we are waiting to see if he grows another couple inches (speculation as he's shorter than we want). Kellogg from Papio and Anderson from Skutt are two more that have been thrown out, but I haven't seen them at all. At one point Leonard Fournette's cousin was at Omaha Burke playing RB to escape the Houston floods, no idea if he's still up here.

Despite the rankings being higher for Betts, I think we could land Betts this spring before Watts, as he has some off the field stuff to work out but we will take him and coach him thru it. Watts has a few more suitors and is in very good academic standing. He may play it thru a bit longer.

There will be a few names that pop up this spring, but that's who to look out for right now.

All 3 of those you listed are guys to keep an eye on, Gifford is blowing up a little bit so he should be getting an offer in the next couple months.

Herbolsheimer from Millard South is a lineman to watch, I think we are waiting to see if he grows another couple inches (speculation as he's shorter than we want). Kellogg from Papio and Anderson from Skutt are two more that have been thrown out, but I haven't seen them at all. At one point Leonard Fournette's cousin was at Omaha Burke playing RB to escape the Houston floods, no idea if he's still up here.

Despite the rankings being higher for Betts, I think we could land Betts this spring before Watts, as he has some off the field stuff to work out but we will take him and coach him thru it. Watts has a few more suitors and is in very good academic standing. He may play it thru a bit longer.

There will be a few names that pop up this spring, but that's who to look out for right now.

That seems like it would be the most logical approach w/ Betts. Get him in early and help him through whatever off the field stuff he's got going on. Better that than hang around until late to see what happens and potentially miss out on him. A starting three of Smothers, Corcoran, and Betts would be alright by me. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info on the Nebraska prospects.

That seems like it would be the most logical approach w/ Betts. Get him in early and help him through whatever off the field stuff he's got going on. Better that than hang around until late to see what happens and potentially miss out on him. A starting three of Smothers, Corcoran, and Betts would be alright by me. :thumbsup:

Corcoran I think will jump onboard early as he has visited Lincoln so many times he almost lives their. One of the elite OL in the 2020 class. Not sure he will jump this weekend though. Top 50 overall prospect that is how good he is.

Beyond that I do not see anyone else

Need to get the in-state guys onboard quickly although Watts may explore all his options and highly doubtful he jumps in early

Watts doesn't seem to be overwhelmed by his NU offer.

Avante Dickerson is a 2021 kid who'll get an offer. I'd have already offered him, personally.

They'll get to their max, 25.

Carson Lee will probably be an early member of your class too.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back