• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gregg Marshall

Knight

Red Shirt
20 Year Member
Is this the year he decides to leave WSU? Could be. Struggling in the new conference probably kind of in start over mode. I don't know if he has the kind of personality Nebraska would want. Just wondering who might be available.

I know it won't, but early call should be to Mick Cronin. He might be interested in a Big Ten job , has done really well at Cincy, and should know Big 10 country for recruiting.

Do you think he could recruit at a Big Ten level
No reason pretty much any head coach can't. That's largely a function of assistants and he has a final 4 on his resume so when it comes time to close he has that credibility in his pocket.

I know it won't, but early call should be to Mick Cronin. He might be interested in a Big Ten job , has done really well at Cincy, and should know Big 10 country for recruiting.
I can't stand cincy basketball. All athlete, no basketball skill/IQ. Just throw the ball at the rim and attack the boards. I get that he has had success with it but it is wholly uninteresting to me.

I can't stand cincy basketball. All athlete, no basketball skill/IQ. Just throw the ball at the rim and attack the boards. I get that he has had success with it but it is wholly uninteresting to me.

What about someone like Nate Oats from Buffalo. He carried on success for 3-4 years that was started when he was an assistant. Won a tourney game. Is from Wisconsin, so may like the chance for Big Ten job. But maybe he'll land somewhere bigger

What about someone like Nate Oats from Buffalo. He carried on success for 3-4 years that was started when he was an assistant. Won a tourney game. Is from Wisconsin, so may like the chance for Big Ten job. But maybe he'll land somewhere bigger
Can't say I'm familiar but I do know buffalo is really good this year...if you can sustain some success there you're doing something right.

It's all basically a shot in the dark really. I'd look hard at some top assistants around the country first this time around. JMO

Total douche. But a very good coach.

The fact that he put Matt Perrault on blast made me his hero.

Marshall can punch his ticket anywhere, I doubt he would leave for Nebraska. Moos should definitely call him to gauge his interest though. I’m pretty sure Moos is already calling people.

Yeah, Oates would be someone I would contact. Many people will scoff at this for sure, but I would look at snagging Josh Pastner out of a not very good situation at Georgia Tech. Of course, we would have to do some homework on his baggage first.

Yeah, Oates would be someone I would contact. Many people will scoff at this for sure, but I would look at snagging Josh Pastner out of a not very good situation at Georgia Tech. Of course, we would have to do some homework on his baggage first.
Meh, he still reeks of Arizona Wildcat. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back