• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4 Star WR Demariyon Houston Will Announce His School On NSD At 10AM

I'd worry more about their WR coach Emmett Jones who coached at Parker's HS and was the reason he committed to Texas Tech. He's the obstacle for Nebraska to overcome.
Now THAT is a crucial bit of information! Good work @N2FL .... Now how do we overcome that?

Now THAT is a crucial bit of information! Good work @N2FL .... Now how do we overcome that?
I don't think there is a secret sauce. As always, it comes down to relationships and fit. Hoping the kid sees there is more upside playing for NU as compared to playing in Dorothy's back yard.

I'm sure Alabama says the same thing about us. "We shouldn't be losing guys like Ty Robinson and Noa Pola-Gates to a team that's gone 8-16 over the last two years." Sometimes coaches just develop good relationships with kids. It's perplexing to us why someone would wanna go to a place like Kansas or Illinois, but sometimes it's about those relationships and the attention they get from the staff and fanbase.

Do Kansas and Illinois have a football fan base? Other than that, I agree with your post

maybe @N2FL can clarify a questions I asked earlier if known. Why did Texas and this kid go their own ways? And why does a kid from right in the heart of OU country end up coming down to Kansas and CU other than us? its seems he has great speed and talent, yet OU, OSU and him dont mesh. Texas pulls away, and the large majority of the schools hes looking at here at the end are pretty week schools other than us. Im sure part of that is the timing of all this, but regardless, a kid with his skill set it all seems odd. Are there academic issues? Other things? Or did NU just get lucky timing-wise to get on this kid. Thanks in advance.
There is no vileness in this question as per last time I asked it apparantly

maybe @N2FL can clarify a questions I asked earlier if known. Why did Texas and this kid go their own ways? And why does a kid from right in the heart of OU country end up coming down to Kansas and CU other than us? its seems he has great speed and talent, yet OU, OSU and him dont mesh. Texas pulls away, and the large majority of the schools hes looking at here at the end are pretty week schools other than us. Im sure part of that is the timing of all this, but regardless, a kid with his skill set it all seems odd. Are there academic issues? Other things? Or did NU just get lucky timing-wise to get on this kid. Thanks in advance.
I think Texas and it’s WR class we’re getting pretty full. Not sure how many they intended to take, but they signed 3 true WR + two 5* athletes (one of those being the Bru McCoy situation). It could have come down to just not having a spot available for him.

You're going to have to be more specific.

@N2FL you can decide.

200.gif

A brief history of KU and Illini football

or....

200.gif

Not sure why he and Texas parted ways, but it was reportedly mutual. Can't really say why Oklahoma didn't offer, but Oklahoma State did. As far as the teams he is still looking at in December and January, there could be a few reasons why those teams are who they are. Teams have filled 95+% of their classes after the first NSD. I'm sure the majority of the schools who offered him (almost 30 btw) are full at WR. I can say, though, that Penn State had been going after him in the last month and he was one of a group of receivers that Alabama (one of his finalists when he originally committed to Texas) was initially targeting after the early NSD to fill their remaining WR spot.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back