• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Steven Parker - DE/OLB

With Eugene Asante visiting this weekend, is it a sig that we may not get Parker? Or is he possibly the 4th player? Masking it Houston, Parker, Bivens and Asante?

With Eugene Asante visiting this weekend, is it a sig that we may not get Parker? Or is he possibly the 4th player? Masking it Houston, Parker, Bivens and Asante?
My guess is that we would take both if possible.

That was my thinking

Agreed.

Houston, Asante, and Parker would be an excellent finish.

It's really refreshing to see a staff that is in on so many quality prospects. Years past, if you miss out on a Jordan or a Njoku, the alternative to that seemed like such a reach. Asante could be argued as a better prospect than Jordan (not saying he is) and that's great. Same goes for Houston and Njoku. I don't know what their board looks like, but you can easily see all these players as 1A, 1B, 1C. They just offer so many kids and recruit/build relationships so well.

Last edited:
Texas Tech is the competition for Parker. He has family in Lubbuck. Callahan and Close reiterated that in the weekly HOL Podcast. Feeling that is where he may end up

Plans to announce after the visit to KU this weekend. More than likely Monday.

Texas Tech is the competition for Parker. He has family in Lubbuck. Callahan and Close reiterated that in the weekly HOL Podcast. Feeling that is where he may end up

Plans to announce after the visit to KU this weekend. More than likely Monday.

I never really checked into Texas Tech's firing of KK, but I have to imagine there was quite a bit of staff turnover. That should help Nebraska.

Weather and family will no doubt be big for Texas Tech.

Of the few that are left on the board, I certainly hope that SP will join put on the NU hat. We desperately need a pass rusher more that any other position.

I'm hoping for Parker and Houston and then save what's left for transfers or for next year.

I would be really happy with that finish. If we add Bivens as a third piece in the late signing period, I am down with that also.

Is Parker still expected to announce his choice on Monday, or will he wait until signing day? And more importantly, is this one likely to go NU's way?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back