• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Year 7: Tim Miles

For Miles, the unfortunate thing is Moos was hoping for a no tourney birth in my opinion.

I don't think tourney birth was enough, i think upper division finish and win a game.

Regardless of this yrs finish, next yr was going to be a trainwreck, Moos wasnt going to wait a yr to fire him. firing was happening this yr, unless something miraculous happened

I don't think tourney birth was enough, i think upper division finish and win a game.

Regardless of this yrs finish, next yr was going to be a trainwreck, Moos wasnt going to wait a yr to fire him. firing was happening this yr, unless something miraculous happened
I was wondering that. You are probably right, I just don’t think you can fire a guy if he gets the tourney win we’ve never got. But the way things are looking now, we aren’t even getting to the tourney so probably a moot point.

This is just really sad.........these kids came back for the right reasons. I just never expected us to be this poor.
Im sure we've seen the last of TM, unless there is drastic change somehow.
I do find it interesting that maybe Roby will move back to his more natural position and take Copelands spot and then we will see Borchard and Heimann take control of the inside. Will that make the inside game better and help Roby flourish? Will Copeland rally the troops and they decide to take it to a new level to honor him? This season is not over and miracles are still possible. Will be interesting, but I for one am done wasting my effort watching until they can prove its worth my time. Sure hope Mr Moos has been on the phones lately

Last edited:

While I PERSONALLY agree that NCAA tourney wasn't enough (I've been convinced he sucked for 4 years) it would have been hard to fire after making the tourney for a nebraska program.

That said...he is toast. You have to get it over with this year because, as you said, they are gonna struggle next year anyway so might as well be a transition year.

While I PERSONALLY agree that NCAA tourney wasn't enough (I've been convinced he sucked for 4 years) it would have been hard to fire after making the tourney for a nebraska program.

That said...he is toast. You have to get it over with this year because, as you said, they are gonna struggle next year anyway so might as well be a transition year.

If I had it my way, Miles would have had to win an NCAA Tournament game to earn an extension. He still could I supposed...technically. The constant hot seat speculation is tiresome and it’s time to move in. I definitely think he deserved the chance to coach this team he’s assembled this year, he had a fair chance. It turned out it was the right move by Moos. At the time, I wanted him either extended or fired, leaning towards fired. Then Copeland and Palmer came back. Miles can’t say he didn’t get a fair shake here.

If I had it my way, Miles would have had to win an NCAA Tournament game to earn an extension. He still could I supposed...technically. The constant hot seat speculation is tiresome and it’s time to move in. I definitely think he deserved the chance to coach this team he’s assembled this year, he had a fair chance. It turned out it was the right move by Moos. At the time, I wanted him either extended or fired, leaning towards fired. Then Copeland and Palmer came back. Miles can’t say he didn’t get a fair shake here.
Trigger probably should have been pulled a couple years ago after 12th, 11th and 12th place finishes. Eichorst probably didn't have the political capital to do anything big at the time. Obviously after last year you have to give him this year.

Palmer and someone else are gonna have to go bananas for him to save his job this time around.

Trigger probably should have been pulled a couple years ago after 12th, 11th and 12th place finishes. Eichorst probably didn't have the political capital to do anything big at the time. Obviously after last year you have to give him this year.

Palmer and someone else are gonna have to go bananas for him to save his job this time around.
*please let it be Borchardt... please let it be Borchardt* *OR THOR*

Last edited:
Love Danny Nee, but I don't think he could be what he was 30 years ago now. He really had to go when he went - was not behaving well.

For sure ... the empire was crumbling rapidly during Nee's final couple of years in Lincoln. His time was clearly over.

He definitely couldn't be what he was 25-30 years ago. He was simply in the right place at the right time. Tons of in-state talent and the ability to recruit well outside of Nebraska, regardless. Probably didn't hurt that he could tell high school kids that he played high school ball with Abdul-Jabbar -- but that means less now than it did when kids actually watched Kareem play. Well, that pretty minor -- but Nee was definitely a salesman. When his teams were in their prime, he was a celebrity in Lincoln.

I remember going to Midnight Madness as a student, which was a huge deal at the time. Tons of energy for an exhibition. And of course, his neckties, lol.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back