• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3-Star Georgia DBs Tavian Mayo and Jamel Starks

But they’re looking for two (most likely) in the secondary. I just think both wanted to stay in the South and might be seeing that things are not going to turn out for them as they hoped. I don’t think that means you pass on them, IMO. Even if they’re not at their first choice school, that doesn’t mean they won’t be passionate about football or be unable to build a relationship w/ their teammates.

This is so true. Abdullah mentioned multiple times that his dream school was Auburn. I think he turned out alright for us

Thank you, next
ariana-grande-thank-u-next-10.gif

Since I am still seeing Mayo's and Starks's names in various articles from various recruiting sources, (though I believe NU has moved beyond these 2 weeks ago, JMO) this is an update: Starks getting a lot of CB's for Louisville. Mayo getting CB's to West VA.

Since I am still seeing Mayo's and Starks's names in various articles from various recruiting sources, (though I believe NU has moved beyond these 2 weeks ago, JMO) this is an update: Starks getting a lot of CB's for Louisville. Mayo getting CB's to West VA.
These two would take us to 4 but probably a long shot for either. That said I thought Pola-Gates was a long shot so we will see.

At this point...not quite the finish we were all hoping for.
who we have signed already with Gates and palo- mao extra I am very pleased with. After back to back 4-8 seasons, I think this is an awesome class

Last edited:
At this point...not quite the finish we were all hoping for.

No it is not.

That’s the glass is half full look at it, but the problem is we have positions of need right now we are striking out on (it looks like).

who we have signed already with Gates and palo- mao extra I am very pleased with. After back to back 4-8 seasons, I think this is an awesome class

Be patient. The fat lady isn't even warmin' up yet. If neither of these CBs was fired up about coming, I'm glad that we don't burn a spot for them that we could have used for someone else who wants to be here, and who will contribute. Yes, it would have been great to have added a top-notch CB (or two) in this class, but if they're not excited about coming and need to be coaxed, I think that it's a waste of the scholarship(s) to sign them anyway. They won't stay.

Reading between the lines with how Frost & Co. seemed to shift hard to Houston shortly after Njoku came for his visit, I have a suspicion that there was something about that visit that made it clear that it wasn't a match that was made to be with Njoku. It could be that Njoku cooled on them, and they moved on, but it seemed like Frost wasn't really fighting to get him anymore, even when Njoku was making it sound like he was leaning towards N. Since Martinez was hosting him, and since it seems like Martinez is NOT the party-guy type, I wonder if Njoku was looking for a little something different, less low-key. It's pure speculation, but it makes sense. I don't think that it was a coincidence that Frost never visited Njoku, and that he was visiting Houston at the time when he could have been in NJ to make a final pitch. I think that we're going to get Houston for that final WR. What if Frost would like to have Cager (possible grad transfer from Miami) and Houston both?

We didn't go to all of that extra effort with Bivens just for the heck of it. I think that Bivens is going to be N.

Pola-Mao (Pola-Gates' cousin) has publicly said that he doesn't feel like those recruiting him have been very up-front with him lately. That doesn't sound like Frost. It also seems odd that suddenly everybody has cooled on him at the same time when there aren't as many fish in the sea to be chasing at this point. It's strange that he didn't come for a visit that had been scheduled a long time ago. Academic issues? Something's wrong there, and I'm sorry for it, but I don't think he's coming.

Jordan or Jackson for our pass rusher? What if we want both? They pair up well on opposite sides. We seem to want both.

When I see the staff spending almost all of their time and focus on Jordan this weekend and everything else is 2020 and later, I don't see a staff scrambling to pick up somebody because their plans fell through. I think we're all going to like how things shake out on signing day, and I suspect that there will be another piece of good news after that.

Be patient. The fat lady isn't even warmin' up yet. If neither of these CBs was fired up about coming, I'm glad that we don't burn a spot for them that we could have used for someone else who wants to be here, and who will contribute. Yes, it would have been great to have added a top-notch CB (or two) in this class, but if they're not excited about coming and need to be coaxed, I think that it's a waste of the scholarship(s) to sign them anyway. They won't stay.

Reading between the lines with how Frost & Co. seemed to shift hard to Houston shortly after Njoku came for his visit, I have a suspicion that there was something about that visit that made it clear that it wasn't a match that was made to be with Njoku. It could be that Njoku cooled on them, and they moved on, but it seemed like Frost wasn't really fighting to get him anymore, even when Njoku was making it sound like he was leaning towards N. Since Martinez was hosting him, and since it seems like Martinez is NOT the party-guy type, I wonder if Njoku was looking for a little something different, less low-key. It's pure speculation, but it makes sense. I don't think that it was a coincidence that Frost never visited Njoku, and that he was visiting Houston at the time when he could have been in NJ to make a final pitch. I think that we're going to get Houston for that final WR. What if Frost would like to have Cager (possible grad transfer from Miami) and Houston both?

We didn't go to all of that extra effort with Bivens just for the heck of it. I think that Bivens is going to be N.

Pola-Mao (Pola-Gates' cousin) has publicly said that he doesn't feel like those recruiting him have been very up-front with him lately. That doesn't sound like Frost. It also seems odd that suddenly everybody has cooled on him at the same time when there aren't as many fish in the sea to be chasing at this point. It's strange that he didn't come for a visit that had been scheduled a long time ago. Academic issues? Something's wrong there, and I'm sorry for it, but I don't think he's coming.

Jordan or Jackson for our pass rusher? What if we want both? They pair up well on opposite sides. We seem to want both.

When I see the staff spending almost all of their time and focus on Jordan this weekend and everything else is 2020 and later, I don't see a staff scrambling to pick up somebody because their plans fell through. I think we're all going to like how things shake out on signing day, and I suspect that there will be another piece of good news after that.

Agree for the most part

Palo Mao is visting this coming weekend unless something changes. Should be a spot for him as of this evening

who we have signed already with Gates and palo- mao extra I am very pleased with. After back to back 4-8 seasons, I think this is an awesome class[/Q

I was talking about the finish to the class not the overall quality...huge difference. It is a great class all things considered. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

It has not finished yet. Let it play out. I think we may all be quite pleased

You might be right. I am not able to check on recruiting/HuskerMax as often due to a busy work schedule right now. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back