• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

and here we go...

NBA is 2nd(actually the NBA is unwatchable always ;)) with the NHL a close 3rd.

Baseball is the only major ASG that remotely resembles the actual game.

I'd agree with your order.

But yes, it's really MLB ... and the rest far, far behind (doesn't really matter how they are ordered -- they're nothing resembling an actual game).

The baseball All-Star Game is elite players playing at an elite level in ALL facets of the game.

Last edited:
The final minutes of last year's NBA all star game was playoff type intensity. Those guys were playing for pride and it was great to watch.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...an-actually-be-bigger-than-super-bowl-payout/
The part that's not listed there is how much Pro Bowl players will make for playing in the NFL all-star game this weekend (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, ESPN). Under terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, every player on the winning team from the Pro Bowl will get paid $64,000, while every player from the losing team will make $32,000.

If the NFL is hoping to entice players not to skip the Pro Bowl, that seems like a good way to do it: Pay them more money than one of the teams in the Super Bowl!

Last edited:

For a few years, the MLB All Star game determined which league got home field advantage for the World Series.

Football's season is comparatively too short for a mid-season all star game, but I'd love to see the Pro Bowl have some meaning. Maybe give the conference that wins some minor advantage in the draft? Even a small thing would help it have a bit of meaning.

Or, total reverse option - don't play an actual game. Remember when Pelini did that spring game with those mini-games? Make it like a Combine Carnival. 40 yard dash contests. Bench presses. Deadlifts. Hail Mary contest.

I'd watch Eli or Brees chuck a ball 50 yards with like 10 different WRs and DBs trying to grab it. Anyone play "500" as a kid?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back