• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

CREIGHTON THREAD 2018-2019

Dirk chatlein said the inbounder shouldve thrown it to a marquette player inside the arc. Here's where that logic fails, and with your suggestion, what if the marquette player avoids it, the ball goes to outside the arc, marquette grabs it and puts up a 3 as the shot clock hasn't started till its touched.

anyway, i'll agree about having carshaw inbound it. cold off the bench??? WTH.

I don't know bishops skill set, but there are using him at center, and right now after krampelj, a junior, they have epperson, sophmore who will get a medical redshirt, and samson a freshman.

does bishop not have the skill to play 3 or 4? if not, he should transfer, but i don't know too many P5 schools who can use a 6 7 center

I am happy that kaleb joseph is having a good year. and like mcdermott or not, they are getting better and building depth. if they keep improving, they'll be a competitive team come march... in the NIT, lol

Dirk chatlein said the inbounder shouldve thrown it to a marquette player inside the arc. Here's where that logic fails, and with your suggestion, what if the marquette player avoids it, the ball goes to outside the arc, marquette grabs it and puts up a 3 as the shot clock hasn't started till its touched.

I don't know bishops skill set, but there are using him at center, and right now after krampelj, a junior, they have epperson, sophmore who will get a medical redshirt, and samson a freshman.

does bishop not have the skill to play 3 or 4? if not, he should transfer, but i don't know too many P5 schools who can use a 6 7 center

I am happy that kaleb joseph is having a good year. and like mcdermott or not, they are getting better and building depth. if they keep improving, they'll be a competitive team come march... in the NIT, lol
There was a time out before the play. Time to talk about it. ANYTHING works. Run a jay directly under the hoop and pass to him...bobble it...lose it...bounces out of bounds...all scenarios screw Marquette. All you tell your guys is STOP PLAYING immediately when a pass is thrown in.

As for bishop...athletic 6'7". Think very raw Roby. Up until epperson being out he was 4th string 5. Now he is 3rd. Can't play "4" for mac because he doesn't drain 3s at a 40% clip. He insisted on not redshirting. Guarantee kids do that to preserve that as their sit out year in case that becomes necessary.

I like all the pieces (save for cashaw...he sucks). The problem is they have too many identical pieces.

Are you still under the impression that Creighton plays solid defense? Lol

I think McDermott has reached his ceiling at Creighton.

Mac is Bo Pelini with a pleasant disposition. It will never get bad anough to fire him but he has hit a ceiling.

The only hope is for some sort of revelation like he had late in his 1st season at cu where he decided 50-47 wasnt the only way to win a game. Somehow he needs to stumble upon a power forward and realize "hey...those are neat!"

CU is settling in at about where they were predicted to be in the Big East..... so I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but.....still....

CU is settling in at about where they were predicted to be in the Big East..... so I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but.....still....
Well...if you're an optimist you say "well the schedule will ease up some now". If you're a realist you say "the Jays suck badly right now".

The Jays suck badly right now. I don't expect a big turnaround.

Well...if you're an optimist you say "well the schedule will ease up some now". If you're a realist you say "the Jays suck badly right now".

The Jays suck badly right now. I don't expect a big turnaround.

Well if you're going to get any kind of turnaround, last night was a good start. Solid win on the road in front of Dikembe Mutombo et al.... :Biggrin:

Well if you're going to get any kind of turnaround, last night was a good start. Solid win on the road in front of Dikembe Mutombo et al.... :Biggrin:
Mac finally played two "bigs" at the same time. Froehling looked really good in the process. I don't think CU should do it 40 minutes a game but Sam Froehling has some very good upside and Kramplj is versatile enough that putting them in together is wise IMO.

A nice win but they had to play nearly flawlessly to beat a G'Town team that isn't very good. These two team may see each other on Wednesday in the Big East Tourney (hint: That's "play in" day ;) )

Mintz had a hell of a game. He is MUCH better playing something other than point. He'd about the only guy willing/able to take it to the rack. He just isn't a "run the team" kind of player. Zegarowski, on the other hand, needs to play 30 min/game at the point.

We'll see if this leads to a run. I discounted G'town but a road win in conference is a good win no matter who it's against. Baby steps.

Mac finally played two "bigs" at the same time. Froehling looked really good in the process. I don't think CU should do it 40 minutes a game but Sam Froehling has some very good upside and Kramplj is versatile enough that putting them in together is wise IMO.

A nice win but they had to play nearly flawlessly to beat a G'Town team that isn't very good. These two team may see each other on Wednesday in the Big East Tourney (hint: That's "play in" day ;) )

Mintz had a hell of a game. He is MUCH better playing something other than point. He'd about the only guy willing/able to take it to the rack. He just isn't a "run the team" kind of player. Zegarowski, on the other hand, needs to play 30 min/game at the point.

We'll see if this leads to a run. I discounted G'town but a road win in conference is a good win no matter who it's against. Baby steps.

Baby steps, indeed. Agree completely on Mintz and Froehling..... and Zeg has a great stroke, but he scares me when he starts dribbling around the paint...just seems to me like he turns it over too much LOL...like the freshman he is, I guess. He's going to be really good.

We'll see how much Mac uses the two headed big plan going forward. ..and if Mac has them out there on the perimeter shooting 3's...

Creighton has developed excellent defenders over the years, taz thomas was a stud.

we'll see about mcdermott, 5 tourneys in 8 yrs, with a couple of first round wins would get a statue of him built in lincoln.

love him or hate him, you cant deny he develops players for the nba, puts an exciting product on the floor, and recruits good offensive players.

I'll give it to Mintz, when he was a freshman he look like a Missouri Valley player but he has really developed to the point he can be trusted both outside the arc and taking it to the paint and finish with either hand. He's slowly becoming a good on-ball Defender also.

And I agree zag needs to play the point more, but he has to learn to take it to the paint and dish

I'll give it to Mintz, when he was a freshman he look like a Missouri Valley player but he has really developed to the point he can be trusted both outside the arc and taking it to the paint and finish with either hand. He's slowly becoming a good on-ball Defender also.

And I agree zag needs to play the point more, but he has to learn to take it to the paint and dish
Mintz still is a "valley" pg. Another solid night last night for the most part.

Creighton has developed excellent defenders over the years, taz thomas was a stud.

we'll see about mcdermott, 5 tourneys in 8 yrs, with a couple of first round wins would get a statue of him built in lincoln.

love him or hate him, you cant deny he develops players for the nba, puts an exciting product on the floor, and recruits good offensive players.

Thomas had the DNA and measurables to be an elite defender. McDermott is quite good at developing offensive in players though. I don’t love or hate McDermott, I just think he has peaked. No doubt he is better than Miles though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back