• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Year 7: Tim Miles

sh**. i was just at our local watering hole talking about this the last hour or so with some friends, They want to fire him. I only saw last 5 min. of game cause of the flu. I still am going to enjoy the rest of the season, we can get better and hopefully finish some of these games

as for the post your refering , we still need a big man and it is hard to win on the road.
we're in a great bball conference this year, so that might affect our wins and losses. But I really need them to do good this year. I'm so tired of waiting. Hopefully coaches and players will finish strong.

sh**. i was just at our local watering hole talking about this the last hour or so with some friends, They want to fire him. I only saw last 5 min. of game cause of the flu. I still am going to enjoy the rest of the season, we can get better and hopefully finish some of these games

as for the post your refering , we still need a big man and it is hard to win on the road.
we're in a great bball conference this year, so that might affect our wins and losses. But I really need them to do good this year. I'm so tired of waiting. Hopefully coaches and players will finish strong.

Yeah, all of the fire Miles stuff should stop until the end of the season. Road wins are extremely difficult, but they should be happening more frequently with a team with this much experience.

Yeah, all of the fire Miles stuff should stop until the end of the season. Road wins are extremely difficult, but they should be happening more frequently with a team with this much experience.
Agree. Should of got minnesota and rutgers. Mary land was possible too. We'd be top 15 if could of pulled those off.

Road wins in the Big 10 are very tough but losing to Rutgers is very unacceptable "with a team with this much experience". However, I understand where you're coming from with your comments.

I tell you what, I will not make another negative comment about Tim Miles over the next two weeks. I think we will get a very good idea where this team is headed after its next 5 games. IMO they need to go 4-1 to get the ship headed in the right direction but that still only gets them 1 game over .500 in the conference with 7 to play.

01/26 - Ohio State [LOST]
01/29 - Wisconsin [LOST]
02/02 - AT Illinois [LOST]
02/06 - Maryland [LOST]
02/09 - AT Purdue [LOST]

Last edited:
Road wins in the Big 10 are very tough but losing to Rutgers is very unacceptable "with a team with this much experience". However, I understand where you're coming from with your comments.

I tell you what, I will not make another negative comment about Tim Miles over the next two weeks. I think we will get a very good idea where this team is headed after its next 5 games. IMO they need to go 4-1 to get the ship headed in the right direction but that still only gets them 1 game over .500 in the conference with 7 to play.

01/26 - Ohio State
01/29 - Wisconsin
02/02 - AT Illinois
02/06 - Maryland
02/09 - AT Purdue
Actually if we go 3 and 2 and end up 500, then we have Minn & NW at home, followed by Penn St on the road and purdue at home. Thats a guaranteed 3-1 for the most part.////////which would put us 2 games over .500. We then lose away at Mich st and Mich and then the iowa game becomes a game in which we are better than .500 if we win, which is at home on senior night and is a revenge game. Decent shot at a win to put us 1 over .500. i think that gets us in, barely. I do think a win against Maryland would be huge, because we need a top 25 win.
Dont forget a few tourny wins would make a diff too. this team is well in position to achieve its goals, the problem is that it hasnt played consitant enough to make us belief they can do it.
But this season is a long ways from over and if they catch fire at any point in the next few weeks, we will be looking good. Big IF, but it CAN happen

Last edited:
I'm taking it One Game at a Time (and we'll take it from there ;))

:Gobigred:

Last edited:
Here we are again! Having to convince everyone that the sky isn't falling and no need to panic. Just kicks the can down the road and we get same result over and over again. By now we know what we have with Tim Miles and if a middle of the road team is acceptable than so be it. Have a pretty good team every few years and we keep trying to rationalize the situation. It is what it is. I feel a lot of coaches can achieve same results and maybe you get one that pushes the right buttons and makes us a perennial tourney team. If they don't, we haven't lost anything

01/26 - Ohio State
01/29 - Wisconsin
02/02 - AT Illinois
02/06 - Maryland
02/09 - AT Purdue

Hey, criticize Miles all you want, I don’t carry is water and I am as frustrated as you are. You are right, they need to make a run.

That was really disappointing. Getting out-rebounded by a taller team is one thing but being lazy and standing around is lousy. I counted at least 3 rebounds by Ohio St where Nebraska didn't get down the court. Feels like I'm watching a pick-up game of old guys like me.

nice guy... who will probably finish exactly where the old saying goes

Nice guys always get to attend their firing press conferences also! So I'm sure Timmy will be right up at the podium just like Doc and Mike Riley, LOL

Nebraska takes another unfit coach and or AD and makes them millionaires for doing nothing more than driving the program into the ground

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back