• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

NFL Discussion Thread

would certainly enjoy watching Suh rag doll Brady

FWIW - I'm down with the Pats winning, but still don't care for the NFL overtime rules, both teams should get a possession.

would certainly enjoy watching Suh rag doll Brady

FWIW - I'm down with the Pats winning, but still don't care for the NFL overtime rules, both teams should get a possession.

NFL overtime is so bad. It comes down to a freaking coin toss. That is TERRIBLE. Especially in a game like that where four lead changes happened in the fourth quarter. Clearly whoever wins the coin toss wins the game.

Brady vs Suh.jpg

Hearing tonight that the NFL is considering making pass interference reviewable next season in response to the missed call in the NFC championship game. Obviously there are no details yet about how it might be implemented but on the surface it sounds like a horrible idea. The additional reviews could add hours to the game and they could nitpick every part of the play in slow-mo. It would be akin to making holding reviewable.

Hearing tonight that the NFL is considering making pass interference reviewable next season in response to the missed call in the NFC championship game. Obviously there are no details yet about how it might be implemented but on the surface it sounds like a horrible idea. The additional reviews could add hours to the game and they could nitpick every part of the play in slow-mo. It would be akin to making holding reviewable.
Why not add 2 more coach "challenges"? So instead of 2 challenges a coach would have 4 opportunties to challenge a play they believe is incorrect. Let coaches decide when and where to toss those a flag. It wouldn't add much time and be better then adding more constant PI reviews. If a coach challenge is correct they keep it until/unless they challenge incorrectly. When they challenge incorrectly they would lose a time out. So it would be possible for coach/team to lose 4 timeouts if challenges were incorrect.

I agree games are already to long with all the constant replays going on now....

Last edited:
Why not add 2 more coach "challenges"? So instead of 2 challenges a coach would have 4 opportunties to challenge a play they believe is incorrect. Let coaches decide when and where to toss those a flag. It wouldn't add much time and be better then adding more constant PI reviews. If a coach challenge is correct they keep it until/unless they challenge incorrectly. When they challenge incorrectly they would lose a time out. So it would be possible for coach/team to lose 4 timeouts if challenges were incorrect.

I agree games are already to long with all the constant replays going on now....

And that's even with not stopping the clock when a player runs out of bounds during most of the game. Before we know it, the clock will continue to run on an incomplete pass.

So, everybody seems to love Tony Romo. And people are raving about the fact he is good at predicting what the next play will be.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...y-romo-substantial-raise-to-stay-with-network
I think he is turrible! I didn't turn on the Pats-Chiefs game until the 4th quarter, and then I had to mute the sound because I couldn't take Romo's idiotic jabbering. I really don't need the color man to predict the next play for me. I just want a concise and entertaining description of the plays being run. And Romo provides neither of those things.

Last edited:
So, everybody seems to love Tony Romo. And people are raving about the fact he is good at predicting what the next play will be.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...y-romo-substantial-raise-to-stay-with-network
I think he is turrible! I didn't turn on the Pats-Chiefs game until the 4th quarter, and then I had to mute the sound because I couldn't take Romo's idiotic jabbering. I really don't need the color man to predict the next play for me. I just want a concise and entertaining description of the plays being run. And Romo provides neither of those things.

Just out of curiosity, are there any color guys out there right now that you enjoy?

NFL overtime is so bad. It comes down to a freaking coin toss. That is TERRIBLE. Especially in a game like that where four lead changes happened in the fourth quarter. Clearly whoever wins the coin toss wins the game.

Unless you're the Saints. Way better than it was in '09

Just out of curiosity, are there any color guys out there right now that you enjoy?
As long as they don't annoy the heck out of me, I don't really even notice them. My focus is on the game itself, not the jibber-jabbers that are yakking at me. ;)

Unless you're the Saints. Way better than it was in '09

Sure, the new overtime system is SLIGHTLY better, but it's still terrible. The Rams had a lot more work to do to win the game because they lost the coin toss. If 100% of the time teams choose to receive the ball, then you know it's a clear advantage.

And in the Chiefs game, Mahomes never even got to touch the ball. This is the most exciting new player in the NFL and he didn't even get a chance.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back