• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wyatt Mazour

I& it’s RB by committee then WM is definitely not getting 10 touches.

I never said he would, I said I would be comfortable with him getting 10 touches. I love his effort, his wiggle and his instincts. If you are testing raw athletic ability he is probably not number 4 on the list, but he is a football player.

I like football players a lot more than athletes. When you have a great athlete and football player that is special, but that doesn’t happen all the time.

This thread is a joke and a part of me thinks Wyatt Mazour is secretly the OP. I’m happy the guys on our team, but he’s not replacing Ozigbo like the OP claims.

This thread is a joke and a part of me thinks Wyatt Mazour is secretly the OP. I’m happy the guys on our team, but he’s not replacing Ozigbo like the OP claims.
If that is how you read this thread then the joke is on you. OP rocks as does Wyatt.

I think it very amusing that Ozigbo was an after-thought for every Husker Fan until his several games into his Senior year...7 or 8 games later and SF's comment about Ziggy being a "Sunday player" and you'd think that he's like replacing Mike Rozier or Ahman Green. DO's a good player but we'll be fine, and, if he gets much action, you'll be pleased with what WM can bring to the offense.

I think like Ozigbo early last year, he may have a chance to earn a role in the rotation. A chance. But that chance is probably an uphill battle given the competition at the position.

I would agree he is a pretty reliable option if injuries strike. But not a starter.

I'd love to be wrong though.

Last edited:
If that is how you read this thread then the joke is on you. OP rocks as does Wyatt.
A lot of talk about replacing Ozigbo...#37 is more than capable he’s proven he can block, run, and catch the football. Looking forward to him getting his chance to become a starter.
Not positive how I took the OP’s post wrong, but whatever buddy. I’m sure Mazour is an amazing person and a stud in his own right, but he’s not becoming a starter if he couldn’t beat out Mo Washington with no offseason and limited time to learn the playbook, he’s not going to beat him out with an offseason under his belt.

Not positive how I took the OP’s post wrong, but whatever buddy. I’m sure Mazour is an amazing person and a stud in his own right, but he’s not becoming a starter if he couldn’t beat out Mo Washington with no offseason and limited time to learn the playbook, he’s not going to beat him out with an offseason under his belt.
Mo Washington plays a different role than Ozigbo.

MW may be in line for more touches but he will never be your between the tackles 25+ carries a game. I would argue that he's more of the Swiss-army-knife jack-of-all-trades type RB and therefore there still is an opportunity for someone to assume the DO role.

MW may be in line for more touches but he will never be your between the tackles 25+ carries a game. I would argue that he's more of the Swiss-army-knife jack-of-all-trades type RB and therefore there still is an opportunity for someone to assume the DO role.
Touché, but I have a hard time believing Mazour at 5’9 200lbs is going to be that guy either as OP is hoping

Touché, but I have a hard time believing Mazour at 5’9 200lbs is going to be that guy either as OP is hoping
Agree but ... who then?

Robinson Wandale: 5-09 175
Dedrick Mills: 5-11 200
Ronald Tompkins: 5-11 195
Rahmir Johnson: 5-10 170

Maybe Jaylin Bradley! (6-00 210)

Agree but ... who then?

Robinson Wandale: 5-09 175
Dedrick Mills: 5-11 200
Ronald Tompkins: 5-11 195
Rahmir Johnson: 5-10 170

Maybe Jaylin Bradley! (6-00 210)
I was really impressed with Bradley a season ago, but seems he ended up in the dog house. I think the consensus is it’ll be a heavy mix of Mills and Wandale this year with your sprinkle of Wandale. I don’t think Mazour will go without carries. I just think it’s a little far fetched to believe he’ll jump all of our scholarship RB’s

I do think there is something to the idea that he could be used as a runner more like Ozigbo than Washington was. I see Mazour as a guy who can get outside, but who can be really effective in an IZ and OZ game by moving the chains because of his acceleration and cutting ability.

Washington to me, was the change of pace from Ozigbo last year and while he danced around and was mostly more comfortable running in the flat than between the tackles, he was a guy could do a bit of that while also having the threat of making someone miss outside and go the distance.

from an athletic perspective, it would be interesting to know their 40 times, verticals, shuttles. I suspect Mazour's times would surprise more than a few people. That doesn't mean he's going to be a starter, but that he's closer than people think to being as athletic as some of the scholie guys and maybe better than some.

I think that’s the point. Mazour is more likely to spell Washington for breaks than be the guy that replaces Ozigbo. Mazour is not a hammer and is not near the blocker DO was.

I think that’s the point. Mazour is more likely to spell Washington for breaks than be the guy that replaces Ozigbo. Mazour is not a hammer and is not near the blocker DO was.
I like this name: the DO role. There is no try: there is only DO or DO not. Blocking, running, breaking tackles, catching. :)

I get what people are saying about Mazour having a shot next year - he does have a shot. I think it would be a great story, but I don't think it's likely. People are beginning to take this personally, which isn't productive. I want Mazour to get on the field because he does fun things - Mo Washington does fun things more often, and I think Dedrick Mills is more likely to also. I didn't think it likely that Ozigbo would have a 1000 yards rushing last season, but that doesn't make it any more likely that Mazour will. I will celebrate every play that Mazour makes this year. I'm just going to be happy that he's out there busting his butt and getting the opportunity. I doubt he'll run or throw for 1000 yards - but man would that be a story!

I like this name: the DO role. There is no try: there is only DO or DO not. Blocking, running, breaking tackles, catching. :)

I get what people are saying about Mazour having a shot next year - he does have a shot. I think it would be a great story, but I don't think it's likely. People are beginning to take this personally, which isn't productive. I want Mazour to get on the field because he does fun things - Mo Washington does fun things more often, and I think Dedrick Mills is more likely to also. I didn't think it likely that Ozigbo would have a 1000 yards rushing last season, but that doesn't make it any more likely that Mazour will. I will celebrate every play that Mazour makes this year. I'm just going to be happy that he's out there busting his butt and getting the opportunity. I doubt he'll run or throw for 1000 yards - but man would that be a story!
Mazour is closer to the role that Spielman and Robinson are going to be, and make no mistake that Wandale was told certain things and they are trying to get Spielman touches.

The good news is there is a “DO void” and Mills won’t be there in the spring. Bradley, Mazour, Jones, all those guys could morph their game a bit and get a lot of PT.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back