• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Pepsi or Coke?

Pepsi or Coke?

• Pepsi

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Coke

Votes: 60 52.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sugar sweetened drinks a very bad for you. The whiskey (in moderation) is better for you than the pop.

For me, the difference would be between the two competing water brands (Aquafina [Pepsi] vs. Desani [Coke]). So no preference.

Agreed...used to drink Mountain Dew like there was no tomorrow. Circumstances changed and now I drink all diet sodas.

Sugar sweetened drinks a very bad for you. The whiskey (in moderation) is better for you than the pop.

For me, the difference would be between the two competing water brands (Aquafina [Pepsi] vs. Desani [Coke]). So no preference.

Moderation, one Pepsi a day with water and iced tea as a staple for daily hydration is okay.

C

Been a few months for Pepsi, been many years since i have had a coke. He says sipping on a 7UP

Regardless of the method used to sweeten the beverage, Sugar, corn syrup, cane, molasses, it all bad for you. It's all the same to the body--glucose/fructose/sucrose.

Artificial sweeteners are bad, insofar as they turn on your sweet tooth, and make you crave sweet (eating more sugar/sweet). Whether they are "poison" I will not debate, other than to point out there is no clinical evidence they are harmful. There may be an endocrine component to the artificial sweeteners, because even though the number pf products using artificial sweeteners has risen logarithmically in the last few years, the obesity rate continue to climb.

All carbohydrates (starches and sugars) breakdown to glucose, and are identical to the body, metabolically speaking. So a pile of potatoes = a pile of sugar.

/stepsdownfromsoapbox

B5A0F353-BF5E-4B2C-9C44-11F3002A57DF.jpeg

Coke > Pepsi
Mt Dew > Mellow Yellow
I like both Dr Pepper & Pibb and Sprite & 7Up
I prefer coke products but like Mt Dew at games when I need to keep my yelling and intensity up! But like others stated, whatever brings more $ to DONU is fine by me.

Last edited:

Also, the bottling industry is very segmented. In many markets, the Coke bottler distributes Dr. Pepper. In the Pac NW, Dr. Pepper is bottled by Pepsi.

And in yet other markets, DP is independent.

Same goes for energy (Rockstar, Monster Red Bull). Here, Monster is done by Coke, but the other two are independent. Pepsi doesn't have a horse in the race.

GET TICKETS

Back